Ayers no tackles?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rodgev, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Ayers has no tackles on NFL.com did anybody see him making tackles?

2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I remember seeing one from him early....

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

It's not a bad thing when your LB doesn't get a tackle. That means our DL held the fort down.

4. rodgev

rodgev Starter

I didnt say it was bad just thought I saw him in on a couple running plays early

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I thought all our backers played great. D-Line too.

6. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

Ayers is very talented, not worried about him

7. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

PITTSBURGH The Titans had a good defensive game even though linebacker Akeem Ayers, who was the team’s leading tackler last season, remains hobbled.

Ayers, who missed much of the preseason with a sprained ankle, estimated that he only played about 25 snaps against the Steelers.

“I came out of it feeling pretty healthy — the ankle is feeling better,” said Ayers, who didn’t record a tackle. “Earlier this week I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to play, but it got better as the week progressed. I was just a little rusty after not practicing for about three weeks.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Rest him a week. I know it's Houston but he's clearly not the same player with this injury. We need him over the long haul so he needs to rest it I think.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This thread has no hope, so lets focus on Taylor Thompson for a minute. He's the guy who did jack shlt yesterday. His blocking sucked too!

If we're keeping this project going, I better see this guy lay the wood or make a catch or something.

Akeem Ayers is the last guy Im worried about. And he was in on plenty of gang tackles, I guess he simply didn't get enough of the ball carrier for it to be his stat. But he was making plays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar