Babin is Officially a Titan Now

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The Eagles thought so much of him they wouldn't even match a $1M 1 year offer.

Welcome to your 5th team Jason, bust.

2. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

WTF people. Wash is a decent coach but he's not some magical Football-Elf (tm)!!!

Why does the FO think Wash can coach up all these losers and 1st rounders and put so much dependence on him turning turds into pearls? This keeps baffling me year in and year out.

Yes he does it in special cases but come on; one day they are gonna pick the heavily turded turds; he won't be able to unturd them...and *BAM* there goes your season DL wise.

Our D is bad enough at this point that it needs some real upgrades. This year's FA being so crappy is really hurting us.

Oh I forgot that it wouldn't matter anyways because our FO hates spending $$$ in FA. :/

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

as long as he doesnt miss tackles and hit guys hard im all for it.

the guys last year including Bulluck,KVB missed tackles when they had their arms around guys. some teams are taught to go after the ball, some are taught to tackle... i dont know what the Titans are taught cause they dont do either very well.

I wanna see the ball ripped out more or i wanna see helmets knocked off and guys knocked out. i dont want to see 5 Titans that cant tackle 1 RB.

4. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

the "washburn is a genius" line always made me lol as well.... he was a genius when he had the best DT in the game taking on the whole offensive line by himself.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

H3!! MF yeah! I ain't with that p...y whiff tackle D, I wanna see some bodies get the s..+ knocked out of them. Like you say, our tackling is downright pathetic at times and we've got to toughen up.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I've commented on our tackling a few times. Griff is our most pathetic tackler I mean he tries to tackle by hanging his body over you its embarassing. Our hardest hitter is Finnegan. Why? Because he wants to hurt you when he hits you. He has the attitude that he is going to hit you hard. I don't see that from a lot of guys on this team for example: Griffen, Hope, Thornton are all soft. You can teach hitting fundamentals all day but when it come down to making a tackle it is more about attitude and will and Finnegan has more of that then anyone else on this team and it shows when he hits people. Watch the 49ers game when he lights up Gore and gets in his face I love that shiit.

This is why I wish we could get McClain hell I would take Weatherspoon too because he runs his mouth and hits hard. We need a tone setter on defense and somebody that hits harder then Finny or Tully. Just find a difference maker/tone setter for this defense whether they come from the draft or somebody already on the roster it doesn't matter.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Washburn
    man i think he is. well maybe not a genius but he's a damn good teacher and motivator.

players like LaBoy and Odem even Smith, tony brown, big vick, and the many more DL-men that will leave us for big money he coached them up real good

even Big Al - he had a lot to do with how good he became.

Babin
    This comforts me - "Sure, he only had 2.5 sacks, but it was also the first time he's been able to play his natural position of a hand-in-the-ground 4-3 defensive end rather than an outside linebacker.

Personally, I think the Texans ruined him by drafting him and immediately moving him to outside linebacker (which is my thought on that type of move in general) and that he will now most likely never turn into the playmaker he could have been." [....ENTER WASHBURN] -- yardbarker.com

Big Hits
    People are talking about some big hitters and how we want more of them - sure you see their highlights for them licks, but u dont see there whiffs and often bad angles taken by big hitters (and hope is not soft....) - anyone wonder the real reason mariman is struggling?? (other than maybe he cant juice it up....hahha)

No one loves big hits more then me, i cant stop watching vids of big hits on youtube and what not; and while it can pump up the D, some of those most jarring hits didn cause ball carriers to fumble.

Stripping with efficient tackling is ideal - and thats our style - sideline to sideline players who can tackle well.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

McClain just might be there at #16. Weatherspoon too. I wouldn't be against taking either or these 2.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I would whole-heartily agree that we are a team built for gang tackling (a fast D). I would also agree that our tackling this year (and many years of Schwartz's tenure) has been suspect. Clearly, we are not holding those guys accountable and the D as a whole. I remember when we had 10 missed tackles in a game overall and the D would be in pads the next week. That was when - good or bad - no one wanted to play us because we beat up the other team. We don't anymore and it's a shame. So I totally get and understand the desire for a 'tone setter.'

McClain doesn't light people up as you'd expect from a 250lb guy...not as often as you'd think. He's a good tackler and is more of a wrap guy than knock you into next week. Mays is the guy who will try to knock you into another dimension or back in time. And sometimes he pays for it with whiffing, not playing the ball (and allowing big catches), or knocking out his own guys. Of course, sometimes he does Jack UP a WR or RB. I still don't want him...not at #16.

As far as free agency is concerned, we are making solid signings. Babin isn't being signed to start, he's being brought in as a backup and part time pass rusher. He's GOT to be better than what KVB gave us last season. So as a backup, he's a nice player to have. He has talent, is cheap and a decent pass rusher. What's wrong with that? And who knows if Washburn can get more out of the former 1st rnd pick...but even if he can't, he's a nice backup to have and more important than having retained KVB IMO.

While everyone wants the Titans to sign world beaters, signing quality depth isn't a bad thing!

Now we have solid backups or starters at DE, LB, CB so we don't HAVE to draft any one of those in round 1 although I think we still will because we could use a dominant upgrade at any of those spots (and S replacing Hope) or interior OL. I think we take the best player at DE, CB, LB, or S. At least I know that Fisher knows this is a VERY deep draft so hopefully they WILL trade down for something good if they can and makes sense for their board!

Gut

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Reminds me a little of the Mike Williams signing. People were like "He's still got upside, he can do this, he can do that. So what if he didn't cut it in Oakland and Detroit, those teams aren't any good." 0 Catches later he was cut.

Babin is a below average starting defensive end who was a bust as a first round pick and just goes from team to team. People comparing him to KVB or thinking that we will get anything more than 4.5 sacks is fooling themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar