Back on the map

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jevoncurse, Jun 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

And every year some people say that our draft sucked. I get that your advocating even temperment and watch as it develops on the playing field. But in the manner of fairness, critics are saying this was a good off season and a good draft for us. And that is different than has been in recent years past.

Hope/despair for the future is what fuels this time of the year. Nothing wrong with it either way. I'm 15 years older than when I started spending a lot on the team. My enjoyment has shifted from passionate game day centered activities to more of a nostalgic enjoyment. Just part of me getting old. But I know that old flame would burn bright like before if we can become a legitimate contender again.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've not been excited about a new coach, GM, free agent or draft pick since VY. How that played out pretty much sucked the anticipation joy I see so many others have after the draft.

It's been replaced with a "let's wait and see" attitude which isn't nearly as fun but a lot more realistic based on the recent history of this franchise. Burn me 42 times, shame on me.

I hold out hope that the new President/CEO is going to be more than someone whose weekend hobby is running an NFL franchise. If the Titans land a solid person in that position, I'd have a lot more faith about the future.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Riverman

I hear you. I just think they got the draft right this year- or at least conducted it the way the more successful organizations have been doing it. eg- set a trade value for the #2 (Mariota) and stuck to their guns. It's always a crapshoot but the FO didn't run the draft like the Keystone cops as has been done the past few years.

I am more impressed this past year with Webster although I do have similar reservations about optimism. I'm becoming convinced that Lake Dawson may have been a bad element in our talent evaluation process. We'll see how these guys do and how they are coached up before I have a reasonable degree that Webster is our GM for the future.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You sure don't know that. Maybe we should see how the draft picks actually pan out first.

5. Riverman

I see you're wearing your "bitchavision" glasses today Alex. How about digesting the entire post before your react? I'll post it again:

I've stated in other threads I think the draft was well executed. I guess that part is a bit buzzy- although the concept was presented immediately in conjunction with the GM performance and with fired talent evaluators....

• Boring Boring x 1
  6. Rudad

Rudad Starter

I really like our draft last year and this year. Lewan was an excellent pick and I'm not giving up on sankey. I think run game problem was because of the OL. Plus we fell behind so fast we had to throw ball. But last year and this year drafts look very promising . Now we need to see that carry over on to the field. I definitely think the tide is turning for the Titans.

7. Alex1939

Don't know why you go so emo whenever I respond to your post. Not sure how what I posted was "bitchy". Just stating, you can sit here and say this is the best draft class in years, but that is pure speculation on your part.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Riverman

It's because you quote sentences out of context. As if you don't even read an entire post before responding. It comes off as "bitchy" and disingenuine. Troll-like. Your posts are often reasonable and then you occasionally fall into that rut. You misrepresent what I've said and I then have to spend time clarifying to you what should have been obvious if you digested EVERYTHING that was posted.

9. Alex1939

Pure speculation as you have no idea how this draft class will be and thus have no idea if firing lake Dawson makes any difference at all.

You could say there is hope for the next 2 to 3 years after every single draft class and not be wrong.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Gotta love a post where they call someone uneducated but misspell words and leave out punctuation in doing so..

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar