BAND WARS: Eagles vs Pink Floyd

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, May 10, 2010.

?

The Eagles vs Pink Floyd

Poll closed May 12, 2010.
  1. The Eagles

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Pink Floyd

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The Eagles vs Pink Floyd

Band Wars® Accept no substitute.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

3. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

Only cool people like Pink Floyd ;)

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Both are great bands but Floyd have been musical pioneers.

Dark Side of the Moon is one of the most amazing albums ever made.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

Great poll.

I extensively listen to both bands and have decided to give the edge to Pink Floyd.

The Eagles, though, have released great material from their first record all the way through to 2007's Long Road Out Of Eden, which is something that I don't think Pink Floyd has been able to accomplish.

While Dark Side is indeed one of the best albums of all time, Pink Floyd was virtually a different band early in their career. Albums like Meddle and Atom Heart Mother leave a lot to be desired.

But with every bad album, Floyd matches with a classic, including Dark Side, The Wall, Wish You Were Here and Animals.

Alternatively, every Eagles album has been a strong effort. While The Eagles are the pioneers of Country Rock (and have the #1 selling of all time, by the way), Pink Floyd are in a league of their own and have inspired any band that released a rock record after 1973.

Favorite Pink Floyd song: "Dogs"
    Favorite Eagles song: "In The City"

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I voted for Floyd...but this was the best era for the Eagles...

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JfsC8IO8SGI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JfsC8IO8SGI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I cream my pants everytime I listen to the Comfortably Numb, 2 minute solo.

That being said, I'm going with the Eagles. :yes:

9. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

One of the reasons I voted for PF. The Eagles did not invent "Country Rock". That distinction goes to The Byrds, more specifically to Gene Clark. The Eagles were the biggest commercial success in "Country Rock", but far from pioneers.

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Pink Floyd bores me to tears. Everything is so dreary and depressing in their world.. Eagles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar