Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Barden ready for his chance with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Titans Insider Titans News

Former Vanderbilt tight end Brandon Barden has paid his dues on the Titans practice squad.

He’s on the verge of getting rewarded, unfortunately because of the season-ending shoulder injury to fellow tight end Jared Cook. Barden is expected to be called up to the 53-man roster this week when Cook is placed on injured reserve.

“Jared has been a great mentor for me,’’ Barden said. “He has helped me a lot… Our game is kind of similar as far as a receiving threat, so I’ve always looked to him for suggestion on certain plays. He’s always been there for me. He shot me a text message this morning wishing me good luck and I wish him the best too.”

Barden was signed as an undrafted free agent in May. He recorded 107 receptions for 1,234 yards at Vanderbilt.

“My body feels good, I have taken a lot of reps on practice squad, giving looks to the first team defense,’’ Barden said. “I feel like I am ready to roll. Whatever they ask me to do, whether it’s special teams or any offensive plays, I am ready to do it.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: AFC South, League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Moolah:
    $5,799
    ANCHOR DOWN