Ben Jones to the Titans, 4 year deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Ben Jones (Titans): B+
    The Titans found reasonable value in signing away an interior lineman from a division rival. Jones started at both guard and center during his four years with the Texans, moving to the pivot after Houston moved on from long-time starter Chris Myers last season. The Titans are likely set at guard with Chance Warmack and Jeremiah Poutasi, but center Brian Schwenke hasn't been able to stay healthy and is coming off of a dislocated ankle last year. Tennessee only had to guarantee $7.5 million to bring Jones over, which means they can get out of the deal after two years if need be. Given that Alex Mack is looking at something in the $10 million-per-year range, that's a very friendly deal for new Titans general manager Jon Robinson.

via Barnwell from ESPN

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

They've been talking about being "tough, physical and smashmouth" doesn't sound like zone to me but I could be wrong.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

What's the thoughts on Guard JR Sweezy from Seattle if Jones stats at C?

4. rekirts

rekirts Starter

I think we will just let Poutasi, Spain, possibly Bell battle it out at LG. Any more resources dedicated to the OLine (assuming Tunsil) is getting crazy. Plus they each have some skills.

5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Great value in my opinion for a guy who comes in and is an upgrade at two positions.

Still want a RT though.

6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I really think Tunsil will be the first pick. Unless JR gets blown away with a trade offer which I just don't see happening with no real star QB.

7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

My money is on us getting a guard first, because if we draft Tunsil then Lewan could move to RT.

8. CalgaryTitansFan

I really don't want him personally. Injury issues, and he'll still be a rookie and make rookie mistakes. Plus, that's a tenth, eleventh and first overall spent on the OL in four years. That's insane.

I'd much rather sign a solid vet RT, and get the best defensive playmaker they can. I like Ramsey, but we just need talent in general on defense.

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I like Ramsey too, and think he'll be the pick if we trade down. Either he or VHIII.

Tunsil will be a stud, and I think it opens things up for our line. My only concern is Lewan playing RT he is a bit undersized.

There are a lot of good DB's in the class though. Can get Eli Apple or Mackenzie Alexander in the 2nd. Von Bell is a safety that could be had maybe in the 3rd. Some good depth at that spot. Can't say the same about OT.

10. CalgaryTitansFan

But you could get a starting RT at #33, and still take Ramsey. Just don't want to take Tunsil and see him have injury issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar