Big Game From Lendale White

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We opened up with 3 straight passing downs last time.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Yeah, and I opened up with "what the heck are they thinking!?!" Now I see what they were thinking, but we weren't ready...

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We have to plan on VY having a better game than last time. If he doesn't we will not win anyway. 15-36 with 1 TD and 3 ints will not get us a win. Young also only had 14 yards rushing in the first meeting. He has to break 50+ yards rushing because that translates to 3rd down conversions.
    We were not terrible running the ball with our RBs last time we played (White and Henry combined for 92 yards) but IMO we are not going to line up and simply run it down their throat like we can against the Colts. The Jags are 4th in the NFL against the run (87 yards per game). They are 12th against the pass giving up close to 200 yards a game. I can see our RBs getting close to 87 yards for the game but the difference could be if VY adds another 50+ with his legs. Most of those could come on passing downs when Vince sees some daylight.

4. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

The Titans have to run off-tackle and outside, which means a strong TE presence for blocking. Hartsock is the man for that. Cramer's not, he's an H-back/FB. Wallace looks like he has the frame to block a little, but may not play. Forget about Scaife blocking, even if he does play.

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Titans always run it well against the jags............even when EG was done he smoked the Jags................VY hardly ran at all last time................we easily will put 120 on the ground in this one..............bigger issue is how are the Jags going to stop Jones on ST.............he is taking all punts and KO i am told this weekend..............Fisher wants to get up on the Jags early and make DG throw it...............

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd like to keep him if there was a reasonable way based on incentives. But I think he'll see this as his last big payday and will hit the market looking for the highest bidder.

7. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

aint going to happen jeff..........book it

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Which ain't gonna happen? Henry hitting the market or an incentive-based deal? I suspect he'll hit the market.

9. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

if Henry does hit the market, we need to trade for JJ Arrington, he is the perfect piece for this offense- him and LenDale would be a great combo...

10. I assume he means the incentive-based deal won't happen. I certainly don't see it happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar