Biggest Positional Need?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jan 2, 2013.

?
  1. DE

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  2. DT

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. OG/C

30 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. CB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. S

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  6. ILB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. WR/TE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. QB

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  9. RB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. OT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Title sums it up well,

What do you think our biggest positional need is this off-season? Doesn't matter if it's fixed via free agent or the draft.. or even a rare trade.

DE: Morgan had a good year. Wimbley was a disappointment. Virtually no depth.
    DT: Casey had another good year. Martin impressed me. Klug barely played. Marks is a FA.
    OG/C: Hutchinson will retired. Harris, Velasco, Matthews, & Deuce are FAs. Amano will return.
    CB: McCourty is a #1. Verner is average. Coty and Campbell are both raw. Mouton a FA.
    S: Griffs play was down this year. Bab SUCKED. Markelle & Rojo for depth. Avalalavahvlava is a FA.
    ILB: McCarthy was hurt all year, and for the most of his career. Shaw a solid SC'er. No depth.
    WR/TE: Britt is always hurt/in trouble. Nate is getting old. Kendall is young. Cook a FA. CS locked in.
    QB: Hass is way old. Locker is super young, but struggled his year.
    RB: CJ2K is rumored to be back, had a good year. No depth.
    OT: Roos & Stewart slowed down this year, both are 30ish. Otto for depth.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

my vote is on the most important position in the (any) franchise: QB.

But we won't address it.

Unless there's a JJ Watt in this draft.. don't care for a DL pick.

3. xpmar9x

My vote was for DT.

I love Jurrell Casey and Mike Martin. Klug is a situational guy. But we're missing a legit playmaking DT... a Ngata/Haynesworth guy. You add in a guy who can eat up doubles, get 5-8 sacks still, and allow Morgan/Casey/Wimbley/Ayers/Brown more 1v1s would be huge. Theres a couple of DTs I like in this draft, hopefully we can gobble up one.

4. nickmsmith

ya, like I said... if there's a JJ Watt there.. we gotta get them..

Locker over Watt was one of the worst picks since Dyson over Moss..
    Or.. wait.. most of our 1st rounders have been bad picks.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Horrible looking when you run it down like that.

OL/CB/DT/MLB/DE/S/RB/QB

Need one of each..... And more OL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. nickmsmith

Exactly... we need some answers at all these positions.. unfortunately it will take us 5 years of drafting to hopefully be solid at all these positions.. look out, 2018!

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yea it's just disgusting. We have to fill some of these needs with FAs or we are just ****ed.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This one is easy, we need better guards and a better center. Fix those positions and everything else fixes itself.

Running game will take off, which in turn will help the defense and QB.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. xpmar9x

YEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! I'm on the record to wanting a dominant defensive line player in the 1st that draft. My big board was: Von Miller, JJ Watt, Julio Jones. (didn't like Cam or Aldon). Both Von and Julio were gone at #8, but JJ was available. He would of made a huge difference. We did however pickup Akeem and Casey in the 2nd/3rd round, both are playing at a high level right now.

I wanted a QB in the 2nd round, Ponder is who I liked. He ended up going early 1st (since we took Locker from MINNY). I bet he would of fell to us in the 2nd if we didn't take Locker. Ponder has been bad thus far in his career as well.

Just imagine, we draft Watt-Ayers (all QBs are gone, we stick with Hass.. which we did anyways)-Casey... unsure if we still take Casey if we went DT 1st round. Then in the 2012 draft we trade up for our future QB, I doubt we make the RG3 trade.. but a Tannehill trade might be possible. This team with JJ Watt and Ryan Tannehill could of been so much better.

But none of this matters now anyways lol

10. xpmar9x

OL is without a doubt my #1b. I just think we need a playmaking DL, that will free up everyone and make the defense 10x better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar