Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Biggest Positional Need?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jan 2, 2013.

?

Biggest Positional Need?

DE 1 vote(s) 2.2%
DT 5 vote(s) 11.1%
OG/C 30 vote(s) 66.7%
CB 0 vote(s) 0.0%
S 7 vote(s) 15.6%
ILB 0 vote(s) 0.0%
WR/TE 0 vote(s) 0.0%
QB 2 vote(s) 4.4%
RB 0 vote(s) 0.0%
OT 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. SoCalTitan867 Special Teams Standout

George
    Moolah:
    $2,814
    Has to be an og/c. It's been an issue for way too long. I really like the idea of moving back and getting an extra second. We could address og/c, SS and DT all in 2 rounds.
  2. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $275
    OG/C has to be the choice because that is technically 2 positions. LOL

I picked OG/C becuase I do think that is our biggest need, but I don't think it has to be addressed rd 1 of the draft. I would 1st look to FA, then maybe rds 2-3 of the draft.

Round 1, I am looking at DT (specifically star) ... its still early enough that no one's draft position is set, so its not like a pipe dream (at least not yet). Get an impact DT and it makes every one look better. A SS doesn't do that. SS is a big need, but it just fixes 1 position. DT can fix several. And I do like Marks/Casey/Martin, but they are penetration guys. They are pass rushers. They can't take on the double team. They aren't clogging up the middle of the line keeping OLs off our LBs. They aren't run stuffers and space eaters. That is what this D is missing.

Get a DT like that, and the other DTs/DEs will get to the passer better, which will make the Safeties and CBs look better as well.

Not saying we should ignore S, but if we have a chance to get a guy like star, then we HAVE to take it.
    ncaalover12 high fives this.
  3. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,159
    Looks like it's settled that OG/C is our #1 need.
  4. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,621
    I think it's easily our biggest need. Although unless we trade back, even with Warmack on the board, I don't see us picking OL at 10
  5. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,159
    Hopefully we can just sign Andy Levitre (and resigned Velasco) and get some D playmakers early instead. Then all we need is another starting G or C (could be recv'd in the 3rd-4th or FA).
    Ensconatus high fives this.
  6. LANGSTER Starter

Moolah:
    $3,786
    nfl coaching staff and nfl caliber S's
  7. ncaalover12 Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $1,204
    Don't worry we'll draft another LB like Te'o or something.
  8. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,159
  9. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,686
    Definitely interesting, especially because they bring up 3 free agent names that don't really get talked about around here.
    The Hammer high fives this.
  10. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,159
    I would be happy with all 3 of them as well.

We really need to cut Michael Griffin, but I just can't see it happening.