Rumor Bill's interested in Britt?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Daniel Miller, Apr 17, 2013.

1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Starter

48th of all DT's is not something to be proud of. There's a reason he saw less time as the season went on! B/c he was a liability against the run!
  2. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

Martin is a beast when you compare his snap counts. There is no denying that. However he is a smaller/stubby DT. Good 3 tech but not really suited for nose. Maybe Casey/Martin combo would work well if they only pressured but I still see a need for a true nose type like we got from the cat from the lions. (Hopefully)
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Starter

Also being that we sucked for the first 7 weeks on defense he had to play more b/c we were on the field the entire time on defense.

The second half when we pick up our defense a LITTLE bit, he would see less snaps. Come on man use your brain here dont let that picture or Rusty Smith get the best of you!
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I didn't say it was.
  5. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

Barely at that
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Starter

So you admit thats he just a role/situational player. He is not a stud, which therefore makes a DT more important than a CB on our list of needs!
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Don't give our defense that credit lol

Jerry Gray & MM got lucky that we played crap teams towards the end.
  8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Congrats on completely missing (or else willfully ignoring) the entire point of my post.
  9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

What's sad.... he led our team in sacks last year. :huh:

Nope, i'm saying that Jerry Gray is a fool. Reducing snaps for a rookie who started out on a hot streak is ignorant. There's next to no mid round rookies that come in to starter snap counts. Again, i'll point out an example in Geno Atkins; he went from 356 snaps his rookie year to the best defensive tackle in the league. Now obviously you could hypothetically say this with any rookie: increase snap count = increase play. However, I truly believe that Mike Martin can be our difference maker on the defensive line. He'll prove it to you next year, just sit back and wait sir.
  10. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

Am I missing something. He only has 3.5 for last year.