Billy Volek

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nouveaux, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nouveaux

nouveaux Starter

After seeing the rumors about Matt Schaub I still can't figure out excatly why nobody seems to be talking about trading for Volek. Is ANYTHING going on with him?

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I don't understand any fascination with Schaub. To me, he is basically same level as Volek. Certainly not a QB to build a franchise on.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

they say you are only as good as your last game...

I think Volek had more appeal at the end of last year...
    check this out since you are new...you might not have read it...read on this

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

yeah, but would you take him over Jay Cutler?

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

If we could have unloaded him during the season we should have.
    With or without Volek the 2005 Titans were terrible.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Actually Schaub looked awfully good in the games he played last year (saw 1 or 2 myself) and his receivers aren't exactly spectacular. Whereas Volek only really has the deep ball, Schaub looks wellrounded, not to mention he moves a lot better than Volek.

7. maximus

maximus Starter

Cutler over Volek or Schuab any day of the week.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

sure was surprising seeing Milloy and Michael Bennett go on the cheap. for 6mil, I might have rather had the Lawyer than Hope..

9. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

What would we get out of a trade for Volek? I don't think there's any real value there. As a matter of fact I'd say his stock has gone down over the course of the last season and even then I would've said getting a 3rd round pick for him would be lucky. Now, I don't think we could get that. Might as well keep him pending on who we draft then they may release him. If we bring Leinhart or Young would you really want to keep paying Volek?

10. Just because it isn't public doesn't mean it isn't happening. I have no doubt we have been talking trade with Billy V.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar