Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Blaine Gabbert remind anyone of Jay Cutler?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2 Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $5
    Alright, so I have been watching tape of the QBs in this draft, and the more I watch, the more I realize I may have been unfair in my initial thoughts on Gabbert. He has all the tools to be a NFL QB, he can make all the throws, is mobile, and is much more accurate then I gave him credit for. His WRs had a lot of drops on throws that were right on the money. His play reminds me a lot of Jay Cutler's at Vandy. I'm not saying I want him at #8, just that the more I watch, the more I am moving him up my board.
  2. THE_TITAN Special Teams Standout

George 2
    Moolah:
    $1,135
    I agree with Gabbert being like Cutler, he has all the tools but I would wait on a high draft QB until next year and maybe pick up a mid rounder like Ponder, Dalton or Stanzi in this draft as insurance. I think we would get much greater value next draft with Luck and maybe Barkley coming out.
  3. Daves not here Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $1
    Just say no to any Quarterback in this year's draft ... it is a waste of a draft pick, period
  4. HeadOnASwivel Starter

Moolah:
    $2,038
    No, dude's the most overrated QB I've seen in years.
    1 people high five this.
  5. chamgel2 Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $5
    I said it in both drafts, and I'll say it now, that title goes to Jamarcus Russell and Matt Leinart...both were overrated for numerous reasons. As far as Gabbert, I do not believe he is worth a top 10 pick, and if Locker doesn't tear it up at the Senior Bowl, I'd say there is no QB in this draft worth a top 10 pick.
  6. chamgel2 Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $5
    Id agree with this, unless Locker has a good Senior Bowl...he is the only QB in this draft I am interested in early. If we pass in the first, there are a few guys I like later, but I would not be upset if we passed on the position all together in the draft.
  7. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,137
    Not really
  8. griff33daddy Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $1,675
    so what do you guys say if gabbert actually does tear it up from under center at the senior bowl? do we make a move and just say heck with it and try to draft him?
  9. chamgel2 Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $5
    Gabbert left college early as a junior so he will not be in the Senior Bowl.
    QBs in the Senior Bowl are Locker, Dalton, Ponder, Stanzi, McElroy, Kaepernick.
  10. HeadOnASwivel Starter

Moolah:
    $2,038
    There is just no QB that is good enough in the draft to go as high as 8. Trade down to the mid-teens pick up a 2 and pick Gabbert, maybe. Personally I don't think there is a QB that should be taken in round 1. I have a feeling there may be zero QB's taken in the 1st this year, perhaps one near the end of the round, but thats it.
    1 people high five this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.