Brady's hearing

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanthakur, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Today Brady goes to court and appeals his suspension. Good for his image or bad for it? Good for Gooddell or bad for him?
    I hope that the appeal does not help Brady in the slightest, as there was clear evidence for the investigation as well as the findings were brought out clearly to show that these guys had been doing it for Brady multiple times.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Tom Brady - QB - Patriots
    A source tells NFL Network's Ian Rapoport that if Tom Brady says the same thing he did to Ted Wells, his four-game suspension will stand.

Brady's job at Tuesday's 9:30am appeal hearing is no convince Roger Goodell he isn't guilty. Proving the league's process is flawed won't help. One way to go down a different path than Brady did with Wells is to make his cell phone records available. Even if he does that though, Goodell could very well deem it too late and deny the appeal.
    Related: Jimmy Garoppolo

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Nervous or ready to beat someones ass?

[​IMG]

4. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

When has Tom Brady ever beat someone's ass?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

59-0.jpg

• High Five x 4
    • LOL x 3
    • Cheers x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner x 1
  6. Prideful

Prideful Starter

Appealing shouldn't help his case, in my opinion he should have had his Superbowl ring taken, i am not saying punish the whole team but tom had to know that the ball felt funny or knew it was under inflated.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  7. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Let's go Brady! win that appeal so I can trade Manning off my FF team and have no regrets!

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

Im hoping he lies on the stand and goes to jail for a while, Jimmy Garoppolo needs to play more

9. Bri

Bri Camp Fodder

Those May jersey sales number where people were bringing up Mariota. Brady was higher than last year. It hasn't hurt his image. Aside from male football fans, the women love this guy and adding a little bit of "bad boy" to an image...

10. Bri

Bri Camp Fodder

The results of the first half versus the second don't bare this out. They don't show some advantage other than him being quirky.
    AFTER this came out, a number of QBs past and present admitting to messing with the ball.
    If you never saw an interview with a QB about a ball, it's something to see. They are the quirkiest bunch of weirdos with it. I get it, it's their career, it's how the play but geeeeeeeeeesh it'll make you turn your head to the side like a dog. The rule started because of this. QBs used to rub the balls and sit on them and do stuff like you'd do with a brand new baseball mitt because they wanted the leather just so.
    This is in no way just Brady and OMG he is the only one to do this. Don't forget every single reason Brady would have an advantage Luck and Wilson would have too. They threw the same "better ball" and it didn't improve things for them.
    Most important maybe was Pete Carroll's presser where he flat out said he didn't think it gave Brady an advantage nor was a reason they lost.
    I think the grrr bad part of it all is the texts and planning to manipulate it with the refs. (Every ball boy will do anything to the balls that the coach or QB ask him to, shame he got fired. He literally did what he was told and if he barked, he'd have been replaced. Loyal soldier type worker) Anyway, what's this mean with the refs? That's my concern.
    Like many, I have always had this negative view of stars getting calls in all sports and this adds to that.
    I'm not so ignorant to think that players share the field with these guys and they don't talk or that it's impossible for them to hang out some time or chat on fb or somesuch. I've always thought of it like a judge in a small town where everyone knows everyone. They're bound to talk or run into each other.
    Planning or scheming, I think that's where Tom is guilty and it's shameful.

What I read about the NFL reps coming to take his cellphone and wanting his cellphone records "sounded" to me like Tom being a wise@ toward them. Some high school kid telling a rent-a-cop you are totally not a cop nor getting any of that. I don't disagree with Tom here at this point. I'd probably tell them to jump off a bridge too.

Next though, he should have gotten a lawyer and gone to him. Bought a new cellphone and let the lawyer deal with everything. Does the NFL have a right to snoop like they're the FBI? I'm not sure they do. Can they use the priviledge of playing as a means to bully a player into giving up these rights? That seems a bit much too. But then again, I can totally understand them wanting to see if he and the refs were texting about this. A lawyer could have requested a hearing and contacted the NFLPA. If after XYZ happened, maybe the lawyer gives up this info. Tom sitting home saying no you can't have it, probably wasn't the way for a millionaire to handle this.
    His phone might have pics from his wife that the world will pay thousands for. It might have personal stuff that gets the people at TMZ excited. I do understand him having to be guarded about his privacy.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar