Brian Dawkins....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Section334, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Let's face it guys, we're officially in rebuild mode. There's no point in bringing in near retirement one-year upgrades. We need to be thinking about the big picture and not just next season.

2. Section334

Section334 Tha Masta of Disasta

Like the Titans haven't gaven up over 300 yards in the majority of games this season? The Denver defense is crappier because their defensive line gets no pressure..Titans was actually leading the league in sacks a few weeks ago..next try..:kiss:

3. Section334

This has been the most logical argument not to look at Brian Dawkins thusfar..I agree with this post also..Dawkins could provide some depth and veteran presence, it was just an idea.

4. CricketChapman

CricketChapman Camp Fodder

The Titans are the team that have given up 300+ yards passing in 6 of 10 games. The Titans defense has allowed 250+ more passing yards than Denver's this season.

You have yet to offer a statistic defending your point.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, I mean if we wanted to bring him in I'd be fine with it. But he'd likely be more of service as a leader and teacher for the younger guys than he would be a clear cut upgrade from a talent standpoint.

6. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

From a player standpoint I'd rather see Robert Johnson be activated on Sunday's rather than bringing in an aging vet.

7. Section334

Good point, I would like to see what Robert Johnson has to offer. Have not gotten a chance to see much of him.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

There's no point even discussing Dawkins because there's a good chance he won't even be in the NFL next season and he certainly won't be a Titan.

9. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

No one's seen him since pre season since he gets deactivated every week. I do believe he's on the 53 man roster though, not the PS.

You also have Myron Rolle out there, who IS on the PS.

10. Section334

I ran the numbers in Excel to compare the productivity of Chris Hope and Brian Dawkins since the year 2004, the first year Chris Hope started all 16 games.

When it comes to the number of tackles, Chris Hope overshadows Brian Dawkins by only 15 tackles. However, Dawkins has 7.5 more interceptions, 26 more pass deflections, 15 forced fumbles, and has played 4 less games than Hope.

The evidence shows Dawkins would be more beneficial to us simply because Chris Hope has crappy pass coverage. His run coverage is equal to Dawkins, but our defense has been getting killed by the pass for several years. There is my empirical evidence to support my conclusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar