Browns cut ILB D'Qwell Jackson - fit for Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Guess we just disagree on this. I'm not gonna bother trying to explain why I think most of those guys are worse because it really doesn't matter.

2. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i would really only say daryl smith is comparable to jackson and brandon spikes is better against the run but worse against the past than jackson...i wouldnt mind jackson simply as a leader and since he knows the scheme and should be able to had decently cheap. then i wouldnt even be mad if the front office fell in love with mosley and ended up drafting him to learn from jackson(IF)

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Everyone seems overly happy about this guy because he had 141 total tackles, but half of them were assisted tackles, Ive already come around to the fact we wont stop at Jackson if we do add him, I just think people are thinking he's the 2011 version of himself, which he is not. Guys on the way down and I cant get behind that when there's nearly a dozen better ILB's for us if you include rookies.

Also the report that 7 teams are interested, thats agent driven, there seems to be 3 teams interested. Us , Minnesota, and maybe Washington

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports free agent LB D'Qwell Jackson will visit the Titans and Broncos this weekend.
    La Canfora has had the ear of Jackson's agent since his release. He reports the Vikings are also interested. The Nashville Tennessean opined shortly after Jackson's release that the Titans would likely have interest. Jackson stuffed the stat-sheet under new Titans DC Ray Horton in Cleveland last season. With Wesley Woodyard also a free agent, the Broncos are in the market for inside linebackers.
    Related: Vikings, Titans, Broncos

5. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

Moats really....?

He had like 4 tackles total after week 11 last year. Hes not even a good OLB why would he make a good ILB.

6. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I would be all for this signing. We need help at MLB and it would be nice to get one locked up before free agency even begins. We did this last year with Wilson then ended up getting Pollard as well. I fully expect the S and MLB needs to be dealt with in FA so we can focus on the rest of our needs in the draft.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

You know, funny thing about the 34 is you need two ILB....

This would be a good start.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

We sure could use a true 3-4 linebacker, I'd be down. I'd be happy with either Jackson or Dansby, even though they are both pretty old.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Let's just get both. They'll be very short term solutions, but they'll be a huge help for the time being.

They've both worked with Horton... it makes a lot of sense. Although I'm sure it's pretty unlikely we get both.

10. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

Jackson will be a lot cheaper than Dansby, and we need to save money for help at corner/safety with Pollard and ATV set to walk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar