Browns cut ILB D'Qwell Jackson - fit for Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 26, 2014.

1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

People who've been pinning over Jackson, please tell me where Johnathan Vilma and Will Witherspoon stand with you?
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Yes, I watched parts of their games. I'm an NFL fanatic and try to watch all the games throughout the week.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Clearly those guys aren't in Jackson's league.

I swear some of you guys need every player to either be an All-Pro or complete trash or your whole understanding of the world falls apart.

Jackson is a fine LB and a very strong locker room presence. No one's claiming he's Luke Kuechly or anything like that.
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Thats my trouble though, I want a Luke Kuechly, and we could get one. To me Jackson is on his way to being a Johnathan Vilma. And if you dont agree that Vilma was once a top 5 MLB then youre lying to yourself.

Jackson isn't Fokou bad, but he's nothing special at all. Im allowed to have higher hopes than adding an average LB.
  5. TorontoTitanFan

Hey, I'm with you. I only want Jackson on the roster as a stop-gap. There has to be a better long-term plan behind him.

But the Titans don't have a 3rd-rounder and have other needs than MLB. I would be OK with putting off using a high pick on an MLB until 2015 and rolling with Jackson (or Daryl Smith or one of those guys) in 2014.
  6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

It's not like we haven't tried to address the MLB. We did draft someone who we thought was a stud in Colin McCarthy, but with his injuries it has set us back, once again.

The only way to address the need now is by drafting CJ Mosely (who I don't care for) or bringing in a stop gap MLB.

There's no need to moan about Jackson, because quite frankly there's nobody more enticing right now. Just understand that it's just a temporary hire. Calm down.
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

There's easily 4 or 5 better free agent ILB's we should be on the phone with before jackson
  9. TorontoTitanFan

Who?
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Karlos Dansby
    Brandon Spikes
    Author Moats
    Daryl Smith