Rumor Browns possibly shopping CB Joe Haden

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Browns could be in the market to ship two time Pro Bowler Joe Haden. He's 27 and playing at a very high level. If he's available, should we make a deal to bring him in and put him opposite Mccourtey? If so what would you give for him (realistically)?

Trade Buzz: Browns Could Be Shopping Joe Haden And Joe Thomas

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I would take Haden in a heart beat....Solves a problem and opens up our choices for the draft....

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

What do you trade for him? They're probably expecting a 1st and that's too high I think. 2 1st round picks next year is likely going to set this franchise up for years with a couple cornerstones. Hayden would be great to have but at what cost?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I agree that in the offseason theyd certainly expect a 1st, BUT, only half a dozen teams right now have he cap space to take on his 10 mil a year contract. Titans are obviously one of them. Perhaps he could be had for less?

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Kendall Wright and a 3rd

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Maybe less then but we don't have a 2nd.
    I think some want this move to try salvaging this season as a potential division winner. Ultimately that gets us nowhere as we'd get crushed in the post season by real teams and only drop our 1st round pick. Big picture is to build for the future (next year or the year after) not play for this year. Most already knew this season was lost before it started.

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

How about one of our firsts for Haden and the browns second? Maybe we have to toss a third in there to make it work.

Guy should still be good for four or five more years. More sure than any corner we would draft in the first anyway.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Haden is worth multiple 1sts. His value is through the roof. I think it's funny when people evaluate him in this thread and say "Kendall and a third"... I'd give up a 7th and Valentino Blake... but let's be realistic. The trade value for Haden is 2 first round picks. Would you trade that for him?

Assume the 1st round picks are both in the 10-20 range

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Joe Thomas would help my 53 offensive lineman out of 54 man roster theory.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

That would be a lot for a 28 year old guy, but he is good. The question is for how long. 28 is around the peak for most athletes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar