1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

Breaking News Bud Adams has died

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Oct 21, 2013.

1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

I think barring a miraculous second half of the season and a playoff berth, Munch is likely out after this season.

I highly, highly doubt the team moves. I think we're still a few years away from L.A. having a team. And London is a logistical nightmare. And the Jagrags would move before we would.
  2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

If Bud has a grandson, he obviously has kids. Have his kids passed away and his grandson is his only heir? Why wouldn't one of his kids just take over. Just curious.
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 As old as Titan. Tip Jar Donor

I would really like to see in writing what the stipulations are as far as buying out the stadium and moving.

I seriously doubt that is even a remote possibility, but if it is, I would like to konw.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

RIP :(
  5. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Sickens me that this man who helped mold the NFL never got a ring
    • High Five High Five x 3
  6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Is the succession plan even confirmed? Is there a chance the team is sold to entirely new ownership?
  7. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

Yea it's weird that his grandson would take over, not a son or something? Hopefully he's interested in fielding a winning product and keeping that product in Tennessee.

Still not 100% believing this until Wyatt or someone very credible confirms.
  8. acqua7

acqua7 Starter Tip Jar Donor

"That plan, from all indications, is for the team to remain in the Adams family with interest split among his daughters, Susie Smith and Amy Strunk, and their families, as well as the surviving members of his late son Kenneth Adams III’s family.

That’s where Adams’ grandson, Kenneth Adams IV, comes into the picture. While Adams’ daughters’ families apparently have no interest in running the Titans – son-in-law Tommy Smith apparently declined an opportunity to come to Nashville and run the team several years ago – Kenneth Adams has been working for the Titans in Nashville since graduating from the University of the South in 2006."
  9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

His son Bud Adams III died some time ago according to that article I posted.
  10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff Member