Buy or Sell - Jacksonville Jaguars

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Arrow, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

You’re post is on the money until that.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Oh, and what stars is Blake Bortles throwing to as well?

Flota with a much better supporting cast and OL, this really looks bad on Flota.

3. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Smoking that loud aint you?

#23 MariGOATa, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I left out 3 Rush tds you are correct, my bad.

But you're wrong in saying Bortles has never played well.

Last year even as bad as he was he finished with a 23/16 TD/int ratio.

4428 yds 35 tds 18 int in 2015.

Even still, when you're even making the argument or comparing Bortles and Mariflota, you must admit Mariflota is having an extremely sad year.

5. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

To be fair those were all garbage time stats. If you ask any Jaguars fan they’d the samething. You could argue his 2016 season is better then his 2015 season.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Mariota definitely not meeting expected level this year....Could be a number of things. Injury, playcalling, line play, weapons, etc. It legit looks like he is being held back, or holding back. He has also made some crap throws this year too. I believe in Mariota honestly, and I personally think much of his issues are tweaks and crap offensive coaching.

7. aztitans

aztitans Starter

Jacksonville Jags are a very solid team, even though earlier I stated that they are pretenders. They can do two things very well that matter in fantasy football and modern football as well, get to the QB and cover Wrs and RBs. Problem is most of there defenders are passive in run defense Calias Campbell who played at Arizona where I currently live, use to be called out weekly by coach Arians for leaving huge gaping hole s in run defense in effort trying get up field Yngakue is bad run defender (excellent pass rusher) as are both cover corners Ramsey and Bouye, LBs Myles and T. Smith are both great cover LBS with regards to covering Te's and RBs but not physical run defenders. This is all evendenced in struggles against Jets, Titans, Rams, and Cardinals, teams that ran the Jags off the field, the Cardinals only somewhat. The Jags do match up well with The Colts , a team I think they where trying to build there defense against with Luck and Hilton and passing acumen. The Jags also match up well with Steelers and Patriots due to pass first philosophy, perhaps they can do use a favor and knock one of big two powers off for us in the playoffs. The Jags don't match up well with us however, Coughlin team's have never matchup with us well Jags of late 90s and Giants of 2000's it's weird that the Giants ( another team with mediocre QB Manning) with Coughlin seem to have the Patriots number in 2007 and 2011 with front 4 that can get to Brady without blitzing, yet those teams couldn't beat mediocre Titan teams 2006 and 2010 with V Young that ran all over them, Just like MCnair and George did in 99 and 2000, and currently Mariota and Henry, the irony is so thick I can cut it with a knife

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Mariota is a WINNER. That simple.

He has zero run game this year, but still finding ways to win. Get him a run game to support and you'll see his production go back up.

Bortles is trash. He can't win without a top D and a good run game. Jags are about to lose to the colts today and will lose to SEA next week.

When the Titans are at 9-4 and the Jags are at 7-6 in 2 weeks, the media will stop singing the jags praises

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I agree, there's a few things going on. Injury, playcalling, execution, seems like the staff is trying to make him a pocket passer, look at the Texans, they played to Watson's strengths.

The staff is holding Mariota back, and Murray as a starter is holding Henry back.

And why the hell did we draft Davis if we're not going to use him to his strengths?

10. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

If people weren't allowed to say that about VY, doesn't hold water saying it about Marcus.

He's having a bad year and you can argue the team is winning despite him.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar