C. Hope gets some respect...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Article Title: Schein's Nine: Most underrated stars
    By: Adam Schein (URL: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6970764)

"Chris Hope

The Titans safety has long been underappreciated. Some wondered aloud if his success in Pittsburgh was due to the fact that he was Troy Polamalu's running mate at the position. Hope was a key member of the Steelers defense during the 15-1 season in 2004 and the Super Bowl championship run in 2005. In 2006, he debunked all myths about being Polamalu's caddy when he totaled 121 tackles in the Titans' defensive backfield. Hope also had five picks. Hope's play was a main reason for the Tennessee late-season surge in 2006."

Personally, after pacs return....i think our backfield will be amazing (i really hope we get him back after the 10th....if ever)

Pacman, Hope, Harper, Finnagan, herndon, Hill, fuller, Lowry....so much potential in few while stars already in pacman and hope.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Now all we need is a safety who can force a few more passes to his side of the field.

4. no joke

5. Young54

Young54 Starter

the article is right tho...i had no idea who Hope when he was playing with Polamalu. I especially had no idea that he would be a playmaker.

but how come no one talks about Keith Bulluck being underrated. he lead all outside line backers with 143 tackles and was 4th in overall tackles. along with that, he had 1 interception, 2 forced fumbles, and a TOUCHDOWN. Someone please explain to me why he didn’t make the pro bowl.

…Hope should of made the pro bowl too. He lead all defensive back (not just safeties) with 112 tackles, had 5 picks and a TD. (Polamalu only had 76 tackles and 3 picks)

this league sometimes p*sses me off

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Despite the big interceptions by Pacman, Hope was the MVP of the Titans D last season.

Hope should have been in the Pro Bowl but no one from a team who has the last place defense will get consideration.

7. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

A positive Titans statement that doesn't mention Vince Young? What a novel idea!
    Hope is everything we were hoping for (excuse the pun), and more. He does his job, plain and simple. But of course he doesn't get into the Pro Bowl... he doesn't have silly hair and a reputation for big hits. People love big hits.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Hope was overshadowed in the sports media by T. Polamalu, which is too bad because Hope is the shizz. Thankfully he'll get to shine in Nashville instead of Pittsburgh.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Unfortunately players don't really get recognised on a 32nd rank defense.

10. Young54

Young54 Starter

pac was recognised...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar