C.J. rushes for 91 yards, praises offensive line

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

In four previous games against the Steelers, Titans running back Chris Johnson had never gained more than 69 yards. But he topped his previous best on Thursday, carrying 19 times for 91 yards as the Titans beat the Steelers 26-23 at LP Field.

Johnson didn’t have any huge runs — his longest was 13 yards — but he produced his second-best total of this season, and averaged nearly five yards per carry.

Johnson, as was the case when he went over 100 yards against Houston, was quick to credit his offensive line.

“They did a tremendous job, getting on those guys up front and pushing them back and giving me some room to run,” he said. “If I’m not doing what I have to do and they’re doing what they have to, it’s not going to work. And if I’m doing what I need to do and they’re not, it’s going to work either. So we need each other.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

PFT will find a way to spin this.

"Johnson 'My line needs to work if I'm going to do what I need to do'"

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. MikeJonesDrew

MikeJonesDrew Special Teams Standout

The oline definitely played great tonight. On pass blocking AND run blocking. Hasselbeck had plenty of time to make throws. If the oline can play like this we should have no problem scoring points.

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I haven't watched the game yet, but can see the O-Line gave up 3 sacks. Steelers or not, that's not acceptable.

5. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

The O line was noticeably improved tonight. Perhaps all the negative publicity finally lit a fire under their asses. However, CJ had much better holes, and Hasselbeck had plenty of time to hold onto the ball and make his passes. I was even bitching about him holding the ball too long.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

CJ again like in Houston took what was there. If he can keep this up, our team can be balanced and we have a legit squad. Hes still not the gut we all grew to love but Ill take those 91-yards and thank God. We won!

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I think this is a much better performance than CJ's game against Houston. He finally stopped trying to dance like Barry Sanders and started running like CJ again. It was like CJ was desperate to hit a home run on every play. Instead he took what was there and did well. Nice work. Hopfully he learns from this game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

Yep, he still looks a tiny bit more aprehensive, almost like he is afraid of getting hurt.

he had oppurtunties to turn the 9-10 yard runs into 20+ guys.

9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

There wasn't anything else there the other games except for 20 more yards max!

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

The O-Line did GREAT today, especially first a solid front-7 on the Steelers.

CJ had so many holes that he could of hit for additional yardage, but he didn't - of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar