Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Calico Still Hampered with Injury and Inconsistency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. goTitans.com A living legend.

Moolah:
    $0
    SUMMARY: As WR Tyrone Calico enters the final year of his contract, he finds himself fighting for playing time. According to Titans Coach Jeff Fisher, Calico still isn't 100% from a calf injury he suffered last season. "Well, he’s working. He’s still not 100 percent over the calf injury," said Fisher. "He’s working hard and finishing most of the practices. What I hope to see from Tyrone (Calico) is that he will start to separate himself from some of the other receivers. He’s got the running ability, the hands and the play making ability to do that. He needs ample time and opportunity to do that and he has to do that." Fisher also pointed out that Calico still isn't consistent enough to be counted on. "He is still inconsistent," Fisher continues. "The more balls he catches the more consistent he will be. Consistency in practice is one thing. An issue with Ty is a consistency in games. He’s got to carry over practice to the field."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.
  2. Riverman That may be....

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,624
    Translation: he may barely make the squad this year but unless he has over 40 receptions Bye Bye. Man- the 2003 draft class has been a REAL disappointment.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,504
    Was Fisher referring to the calf injury from last season? I can't imagine how that could still be lingering on.
  3. Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    He tweaked the calf in OTAs as well
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,504
    I hope this isn't one of those chronic things like we see with some players and hamstring injuries.
  4. bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $0
    I think ty and rich gardner will be pleasant suprises to us all this year....
  5. dontdraftcutler Go Cutler!

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $639
    I kind of feel for the dude. Ever since the cheapshot horsecollar tackle by Roy Williams in the Dallas scrimmage a few years ago....he's pretty much sucked. I think he was going to break out that year.....
  6. Riverman That may be....

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,624
    He's had the drops his entire career. I don't think he makes the squad this year.
  7. TitanKid4Life Guest

i hope that he does, i really want to see him do well
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,504
    I think Calico's contract makes him all but guaranteed to be on the final 53-man roster.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.