can vy handle starting

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by imbread, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imbread

imbread Starter

if vy starts and has problems, whats he going to do then? he quit the last time and it will be much worst this time with the fans ready to hang anyone at this point.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

well...

Fisher stuck VY in in not a good situation. The backup usually gets 10% or less of the snaps, VY needs preparation before playing, the Colts could pin their ears back and pass rush and not care about the run. VY didn't look good nor bad. We still had poor pass blocking and a drop and he was only in for a handful of plays.

Point is, when they decide it's VY time, they need to give him the full week (or better - 2 weeks with the bye) to prepare and max reps. If he doesn't play well or can't handle it, then that will be that. Most likely, we will find out soon enough. Sticking VY in was really to quell some of the critics that you may as well put VY in. In a way it was setting VY up to not play as well as he's capable making Fisher's choice to stick to Collins more understandable. But no matter what, if we keep losing, VY will become our starting QB for the rest of the season or for as long as he can handle it.

If VY implodes, we know he's gone at the end of the season and we need to start looking for a new long term answer. If he does well, then maybe the most important position on the field could have it's answer for next year. One way or the other, we're going to find out!

Gut

3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Exactly. Well put.

Spot on. But I'd also like to include that Heimerdinger NEEDS to design the offense and plays around Vince's ability. A standard offense and formations don't help him. Plenty of shotgun, misdirections, rollouts, bootlegs, etc. Not only will this play into his strengths, it will tire out a defense from having to chase him and the other skill players every single play.

Yeah, but no one is buying that crap...especially the critics. The only way he's going to quell the critics is to bench Collins for the rest of the season and let Vince either sink or swim (whilst also refraining from intentionally setting him up for failure).
    Granted Vince came in and threw three incomplete passes, but given the situation where he was thrown into it, I'm not surprised. However he threw one pass right to Nate and had that sweet 1st down run, complete with putting a LB on the ground in the process.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

so in one series, we saw Good Vince(5 yd run) and Bad Vince(2 balls with a better chance of being Intercepted than completed). My question, is how bad would the fans have booed if that first pass to Britt gets picked off because it's nowhere close?

5. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Camp Fodder

OK, VY is not a typical pocket passer. Fish and Dinger need to get their collective imaginations going and develop an offensive scheme that is better suited for VYs strengths, such as the wildcat.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

One major problem..........Vince has shown he cannot stay healthy, so why put your starting QB at higher risk of injury?

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If VY quits, he isn't the QB of the team. We know what we have and we draft/sign a QB next year.

Simple as that.

8. tnyou

tnyou Guest

How much would the fans boo? The fans would not boo, geesh. Hell, did you not hear the great cheer he got when he was put in? When he ran for the 1st? And the fans would not boo vince young if he ever had a bad game because, really, KERRY HASN'T BEEN ANY BETTER. Once kerry gets sent to the bench, I am sure fans would love to see him stay there.

Let me sum the whole VY and KFC situation.

Vince Young makes plays, and is a great 2 minute QB in the 4th.
    Kerry Collins makes 5 yard passes, then throws a INT or really bad pass that should of been an INT, and chokes in the 4th quarter.

Fisher&Kerry 4ever .........Kerry and Jeff Collins, or, Jeff and Kerry Fisher?

9. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Couldnt have said it any better ! During the chat I mentioned how although I wanted VY to get a chance to get in the game..especially considering it was well out of reach..I felt as tho VY was in a situation that was tough because he's been marinating over there on the sidelines since forever. KC I assume gets pretty much..probably all the snaps with the first team during practice...VY needs some of those snaps if he's even going to get a real chance of showing whatever it is he has in him right now. Then the organization can make their decision. However throwing him out there for a drive or two and expecting him to be Drew Brees or something isnt going to work.

10. Titan75

Titan75 Camp Fodder

can vy handle starting?

Let me think about that:

2006 - 8 wins 4 losses
    2007 - 10 wins 6 losses

I think so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar