Can we address the elephant in the room?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Sabomnim, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We used to call Donnie Nickey the boom lol, because well he never laid anyone out, it was just ironic and funny

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'm alright with drafting a kicker in round 6 or 7

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I think we found our new kicker

[​IMG]

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

man.. I should have learned to be a kicker or a longsnapper. You have to have zero football skills and can still get to play in the NFL.

6. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

Thanks... All I can think about now is Bacon Punani...

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

In Dark Side of the Game the author Tim Green (8 year NFL vet) calls being an NFL punter or kicker is like living at Club Med.

[​IMG]

http://www.avclub.com/review/tim-green-ithe-dark-side-of-the-gamei-6264

8. nickmsmith

I couldn't stand the kicker on my team in high school. He sat on his fat, lazy @^^. Hamming it up with the coaches while we had to run until we literally vomited in 90 degree weather,and actually work to earn a spot. I still don't like the guy very much, and I haven't played football in a little over a decade. (he's also kind of a jerkoff.. so there's that reason as well.)

It's the life. Vinatieri steps on the field for about 5 minutes per game, makes 2 million dollars (7th most of any kicker this year) for a season of jerking around. They don't really need to condition.. they "don't want to wear out their legs" so they kick maybe 15 times during practice.. then guard the water cooler.
    Vinatieri doesn't even do the kickoffs! Just EPs and FGs.

I guess you have to work smarter, not harder. Least hard working "athletes" in any physical sport, IMO.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I can long snap, shoulda taken it more seriously and maybe Im snapping balls to Bacon Punani

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. nickmsmith

hell yeah. you could do that until you are 40. You are untouchable when long snapping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar