Can we cheer for the team not the individual?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans23, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans23

Titans23 Starter

I've been looking on this board for the past 7-8 yrs and I have to say there is a very pessimistic attitude everywhere you turn about this team on this board. Now I know we are not perfect but I look at bright spots and say hey we do this well first and then look and say hey we need to improve here.. We have too many people on this board that want to b*tch about every play. We have become more about the success/failure of the player not the team.

I just want to start with Locker for an example. There is seriously a 50/50 split of I don't think this guy be a good qb to this guy can be a superstar on this board. I understand that all of you think you are smarter than the gm of this team but let me say.."YOUR NOT"!. If any of you think Locker won't be around next year...your wrong! Locker will be here..Period! No GM will admit defeat that quick! He was 12/20 tonight with 3 drops and 1 that should of been a TD and 1 in the read zone but yet first thing I see is a Locker sucks post? WTH?

Then today there were people b*tching about Kendall Wright being a worthless 1st round draft pick....Jesus he led rookies in number of receptions and number 2 on the titans for yards. I'm so sick of be a superstar now attitude I could puke!!! He will be fine!!!! There are rare exceptions in the game that become good their first year and stay at a superstar level. Most WR's or players for that matter take 3-4 years to really grasp the speed of the game. '

So for the sake of the Titans....can we all start looking at bright spots and not so much the bad spots of a game?

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. XO

XO Nevada Native

Christ this place is turning into the VolNation forums.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Lets see....2013-8=2005. You've been looking at this board since 2005. Since then were 64-64, 0-2 in the playoffs. First round picks:
    Pacman: no longer playing for us
    VY: no longer playing for us
    Griffin: over paid over rated nowhere near what you expect out of a first roun 6th year FS
    CJ: Baller
    Britt: made of frequently arrested glass
    Morgan: jury's out, but he needs to work hard to avoid being labeled a bust
    Locker: lol
    Wright: we can only hope.
    Chance: probably only good first round pick aside from CJ

So yeah, during your tenure here we've been stuck in a bottomless pit of mediocrity. Terrible drafting by and large, no playoff success, no real direction or identity as a team. It's not pessimistic, it's just objective fans seeing a crappy product and bitching about it, as we have the right to do.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Name the bright spots, Titans23..

Can you name a bright spot in the Munch and Gray era. Better yet, name a spot that can take us to the next level..

We have every right to be pissed about the performance we have seen on the field since Munch took over.

I seriously suggest you get your message count up before you come on here ragging us for voicing our displeasure on the piss poor performance on this team since Munch took over.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Greg Williams. DID IT!

6. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

who's pessimistic?! o_O

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We scrutinize them because we care. Don't always mean to seem gloomy but sucky play warrants the emotional posts out of members, you're going to see that on every teams forums.

8. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

It's a sign of passionate fans. And passionate fans deserve a better team. If you are a new fan then I could understand your patience a little bit, but if you've been watching this franchise remain mediocre since almost forever, then I don't understand how you can be so patient. Unless you don't really care about winning.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You are on a FAN forum which usually means an over-reaction to all the good and bad play.

CJ breaks his big run last week = CJ might break 2,000 again this season.
    Britt drops pass which hits him in the numbers last night = Britt will never be the same WR he was that stretch of games before the ACL.

:brow:

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

We have a very solid O-Line from what it seems.
    We might have made a solid 1st round selection this season.
    Our linebacking core is solid and might turn some heads this season when everybody's on the field together.
    CJ looks like he's back to him old self.
    Locker showed improvement.
    Casey and Morgan look like they're going to be dominate this season.
    Verners stayed consistent.

Those are off the top of my head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar