Cheating Kids-- and the parents who root for them

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Broken Record, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

This is disgusting. What are we teaching our kids?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kJ5pr7jNCQ0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kJ5pr7jNCQ0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

2. "Its not cheating, unless you get caught." - Al Bundy

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Did I see Chow on the sidelines?

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

that same play (different teams) is in another thread too
    i forgwet where, but i've seen that

it's good stuff, imo - i like it
    but can you get away with it in the pros ?

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Peyton Manning didn't. You remember that? That's tough to come up with the film. But I believe it was in a Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans. Or it may not have been Manning.. It could have been Aaron "my cuz is a dog killer" Brooks. I'm not sure. One time Manning tried to act like they were going to the locker room at half and tried to run back for a play before the half. That was in a game against the Titans.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

naw it looked like a pop warner game

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I do remember that Peyton crap play.
    The coach of the team in the clip must be a Colts fan.
    What a cheesy, chumpass play to call. That "coach" is obviously on some kind of warped ego trip, instead of being a responsible model for youth.
    Parents take note of that, and get involved in your child's activities, like youth sports, so they don't get guidance from jerks like the coach in that video.

8. I don't think this stuff has a place in peewee leagues.

That said, at least it will teach kids the value of paying attention...

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Exactly. He's the guy at work you always avoid because he's standing at the water cooler bragging about the record of a peewee team. I'm all for instilling competitive spirit in children, but not at the price of good sportsmanship.

The crowd reaction is pretty pathetic as well. If parents didn't cheer for that nonsense it would stop. I'd pull my kid off that team in a heartbeat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar