Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Check Light and the future of football

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Aug 15, 2013.

?

Do you see Check Light in the NFL's future?

Yes 8 vote(s) 80.0%
No 2 vote(s) 20.0%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,781
    Yea I kind of agree with that, except the last part. If you handle it right, and dont play with a concussion, you should be ok in your golden years.

This device ensures no one can go back in after getting their bell rung. I mean if you take a hit and you pop back up awesome, but if youre laying there and all dizzy, you have to come out for your own good.
  2. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,977
    So this new technology will allow defensive players to literally say "I lit that guy up". I like it.
    CalgaryTitansFan and Titans Eternal high five this.
  3. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $215
    NFL should just make every player sign a waiver before they come into the league stating "I understand the potential health risks involved with playing this sport, and assume responsibility for my own well being" ... boom problem solved. No more law suits, and you know every player would sign it if it were either sign the waiver or don't play at all (they know the risks they are taking anyway... its no secret)
    Titans Eternal high fives this.
  4. Alzarius Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $23,572

Yes, screw player safety. Hey, I have an idea, lets bring back clipping and tripping. I mean its a football game, it a violent sport, screw it right?!?! They know the risk!! No one cares if they are getting hurt, or become completely disabled later in life, because they get.... LOTS OF MONEY!!!

Seriously man, you really have a problem with player safety, and its ruining football for you? Tell me how its ruining football for you. How many less games do you plan on watching next year?

Football is changing to support player safety, and it needs to.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,821
    I enjoy watching the extended highlites of the pre merger AFL-NFL all pro games

That was the high water mark of football IMO
  5. Riverman Raise the Wrath

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,554
    Speaking of "mush-brains".............
  6. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,153
    I simply hate how it's running football. You can't even make a hard hit without it being a 15 year penalty anymore.
  7. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,781
    Not true, last night there were some big hits, and no flags.

The refs seem to be letting the guys play. None of those silly rules are being inforced this preseason. I see taunting, i see sack dances, according to the rule book that's all eligible for penalties, but no flags are coming
  8. Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $8,134
    Exaggerate much?
  9. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,153
    I guess i'm the only one who likes seeing players knock the crap out of each other... this is coming from a guy who's got two concussions in high school football. They suck, but you know they're going to happen. Can you prevent this, not really. Can you limit them, yes.

I haven't been able to watch alot of pre-season games, but basing it on last years officiating most of the penalites were unnecessary. The calling of the "unnecessary roughness" penalty wasn't consistent, which really makes me mad. I can understand helmet to helmet, but when a player leads with his shoulder... why should that result in a penalty?

I just feel like the NFL is making all these rules to benefit the offense. Being a defense first guy, I simply don't like that. Putting alot of restrictions on the defense. A lot of players are afraid to make a big hit because they might get fined, that was Griffins excuse anyways.

Not saying I want to see players get hurt. Simply saying this: if you're going to call unnecessary roughness on big hits, atleast call it consistently.
    GoT high fives this.