Chris Johnson: Adrian Peterson's 2097-yards aint sh*t

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Greene is going to be the short yardage back and the back to give CJ a breather. That's 7-12 carries a game imo. If you think it's bad for Greene to get double digit carries just remember this means CJ will be fresher when on the field. I'm not making excuses for CJ but you could tell late in games sometimes he was worn out because we had no viable back up last year.

2. Joe Myers

Joe Myers Special Teams Standout

Have any of you watched Shonn Greene? He's nothing better than average... In CJ's worst season, Shonn Greene had his best season, the stats are almost identical. To think Shonn Greene will get 45% of the carries this season is idiotic. He'll be lucky to get 15% of the carries, depending on how many 3rd and goal from the 1 yard line the Titans get this year.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It really isn't. No team pays a vet running back what Greene got to carry the ball five times a game.

Lendale White got 200 carries in 2008 with CJ getting 251 and White was a fat piece of ****. I think it will be more of a 35-65 split, but Greene is definitely getting some PT this season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

To say his stats are "inflated" is inaccurate. His long runs count just as much as anyone else's short runs. The 1st down stat exists for a reason and it has nothing to do with total yardage. 10 yards is 10 yards.

Barry Sanders wasn't physical. Neither were Gale Sayers, Marcus Allen, or Erick Dickerson.You don't have to be some huge hulking beast to be successful in this game. All we do when we look at CJ is talk about what he can't do. Finding a guy to pound the rock is the easiest thing to do because if your line is good those guys are a dime a dozen. Look at how many options we had when looking for a power back to compliment CJ. Now imagine if we had to find a guy in FA or the draft to replace CJ's skill set/production, not so easy is it?

And I highly doubt AP gets anywhere near 2k again. His team spent the entire off season addressing their passing game. They paid big money for Greg Jennings and moved back into the first round to take Cordarrelle Patterson. If you think they did all that just to hand off the ball to AP, you're nuts. He won't sniff the touches or yards he had last season. Oh and he's not getting any younger, his violent style that people love so much makes him much more fumble and injury prone than CJ ever will be. If he doesn't take care of himself he'll be done as soon as he turns 30.

5. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

AP is the better back

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

He is. I've had to concede that, but not by as much as people think.

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Peterson wont break 1100 this year! Write it down!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Damn, lol. I think he'll go at least 1,300. I definitely think his 2k days are over.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Youre too silly, he'll get 1100 with ease

10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I agree, but I don't think AP will play all 16 games this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar