Chris Johnson and The RB Position After This Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Anyone agree with me that after this season we need to bring in someone to take some of the load off of CJ? They need to bring in a bruiser or punishing RB who can get those hard fought yards and use CJ maybe in a role sharing the carries with this type back.

I think he would benefit more with less carries or we will end up losing games with drives being killed due to CJ not getting neccessary yardage.

Maybe Harper could fill that role if not maybe someone could be brought in.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Palmer needs too explore other oppertunities

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

WR is a more pressing issue. Britt is good for one or two games each season then we get the stand-in crew.
    They'll probably draft or bring in a 3rd down type back but considering how much money they've already thrown at the position...

4. KelvisKblam

KelvisKblam TITANic Nerd

I agree that the team needs more of a RB-by-committee approach, and I would love to see them bring in a between-the-tackles bruiser. However, I unfortunately don't see the front office doing that, what with Ringer having a decent season (until this injury) and them drafting Harper last year.

Hopefully Harper will get more opportunities since it appears Ringer is done for the season now, and maybe he'll prove that his performance in the preseason wasn't a fluke and that he can be the complement we need in the backfield.

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

It looks like Ringer is out for the season, so maybe Harper will show us something in the last few games.

I agree with Cruds WR is much more pressing. We need a WR who can be a go to #1 when Britt is out because he hasn't proven he can stay healthy (missed time in each of his 3 seasons). I'd love to see where we'd be if we still had Kenny in the lineup.

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I'm thinking CJ would definitely benefit in a smash and dash type role like we had with Lendale White a few years back.Bring in a big 3rd down back who is good for that specific role.

7. KelvisKblam

KelvisKblam TITANic Nerd

I definitely agree. This has become a passing-driven league with a premium on top-quality WR's. RB's are sort of a dime-a-dozen and can be found for great value, but stud WR's are difficult to come by. I hope Britt returns to full-strength, but he's never played a full season productively, and Nate W is just so much better when he's paired up with a dominant WR. The Titans really need to draft another big-bodied perimeter WR threat, that ought to be their priority when it comes to skill player additions.

It sucks that we could've had Brandon Lloyd for a fourth round pick (or whatever it ended up being), we sure could use him right now. Meanwhile Donnie Avery has been worthless.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I'm sorry. Are you talking about the same Ringer? Javon? Titans RB?

Decent season?

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Locker needs a toy to call his own..

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Yeah, both Ringer and CJ came into the season average close to 5 yards per carry. CJ is at 4.0, Ringer 3.1 ypc.

He has made some nices plays here and there, but he hasn't shown that he can consistently gain meaningful yards in the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar