Chris Johnson set for surgery

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion Tip Jar Donor

I'm not too fond of taking a rb in the 2nd. I want pass rusher in the 1st and tackle in the 2nd. MLB in the 4th. That doesn't allow us to take a rb til the 5th. Those 3 positions are a must. Why create another hole when we already have plenty to fill?
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Chris Johnson is his own hole
    • High Five High Five x 2
  3. charlzcrush

charlzcrush Starter

I was gonna make a post, including some crappy math about how Shonn Greene didn't play against 3 of top 10 NFL rush defenses to show that maybe the stats maybe a little skewed in his favor. But he also did play against 3 of the top rushes defenses w/ CJ.

Then I also noticed he has one carry against SF, so I can't technically count that game. So I changed it to 2 teams.

Shonn Greene sat out when we played these top 10 run defenses in the NFL. (Seattle, NYJ)

Both of those teams held other teams to under 4 ypc.

about 19% of CJ's negative runs came from those 2 teams alone.

The we also play 3 more top 10 rush defenses w/ Greene. (#1 being Arizona, Denver tied for 7 and St. Louis at #9.) These teams also held other teams for under 4 ypc.

13% of CJ's runs were negative or for no gain against St. Louis. 20% of Shonn's were negative or for no gain against St. Louis.

17% of CJ's runs were negative or for no gain against Denver. 0% of Shonn's were negative or for no gain against Denver.

46% of CJ's runs were negative or for no gain against Arizona. 25% of Shonn's runs were negative or for no gain against Arizona.

So I originally tried to use this as proof of Shonn Greene not really being on the field when we played a harder rush defense, and maybe he would have a higher percentage against them but even when we Shonn did, he had a more positive runs percentage.

So kudo's to JCBRAVE for the chart.

I am still a CJ fan & instead of just trying to be bias and not post the info I gathered, I still decided to share. I really wish he would take a paycut cause I'd like to see him in an offense that will most definitely use him (along with the rest of our playmakers) better.

and yes I know, TL;DR
  4. Chronos

Chronos Starter

That's just weird man.
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I was going for a CJ sucks dick type of deal.
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Sometimes the truth hurts
  7. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Now, let me be clear, I am for cutting CJ. Having said that, in the opinion of most here, its a passing league. How can one argue that pass pro isnt a reason to consider keeping a back after they scream about this passing league? How can one look right under your nose at Shonn Greene, who got about a quarter of the touches CJ got and stayed hurt all year and see that CJs durability isnt a reason to consider keeping the guy? Again, I think we should cut ties with him because of money vs production, but if this staff has ideas on ways to use CJ more effectively, I wont be angry to see what they have in mind.
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Yes. It does. Thanks for the game!! Got it today. I owe you one. Thanks a lot.
  9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

That was the first time Greene has ever had any time missed in the pros. I wouldn't worry too much about Greene. Besides, the general idea behind cutting CJ is to bring in someone else.
  10. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

Addition by subtraction
    • High Five High Five x 3