CJ Begins a "Contest" With O-Line

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan89, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Titans running back Chris Johnson has plenty of incentive to get to 2,000 rushing yards.

Only five NFL players have done it, with Jamal Lewis being the most recent, in 2003.

Johnson, named AFC Offensive Player of the Week on Wednesday, said he thinks his offensive linemen want the milestone even more.

“It’s a goal of mine,’’ he said. “It’s really a goal of the offensive linemen because I told them if I get to 2,000 yards I’d buy them all a car. They want me to get 2,000 yards more than I want to get it.’’

Johnson has 824 rushing yards through seven games after racking up a franchise-best 228 last Sunday in a 30-13 win over the Jaguars.

At his current pace, Johnson would finish just short of 2,000 yards, but with more games like last Sunday’s he’d get there easily.

The offensive linemen are already imagining the possibilities.

“I am a truck guy, but a free car is a free car,” tackle David Stewart said. “I have to fit in it; that is going to be the key.’’

“I’ll take what I can get,’’ guard Eugene Amano said, “even if it’s a Hyundai.’’

“Right now I have three cars as it is and I am trying to get rid of one of them,’’ center Kevin Mawae said with a smile. “Maybe I’ll take the cash instead.’’

Johnson said he made no promises about the make or model of car, but said it would probably be something like a Honda.

The AFC Offensive Player of the Week award was the first weekly award for the Titans since safety Chris Hope won AFC Defensive Player of the Week honors for his Week 8 performance against the Colts last season.

Last season as a rookie Johnson rushed for 1,228 yards and was named to the Pro Bowl.

source : Tennessean.com

Can he do it?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i hope for his sake he gets stopped at 1,999

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

its about 131 yards per game from here on out...

Can he do it? yes, but I doubt it...

I'm gonna say he gets 1,601

4. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Stewart said that the car better be big enough to fit him :ha:

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Why?
    1. It's not like he can't afford them.
    2. It also depends on who gets to decide what kinds of vehicles get bought, and if the Oline gets to pick, what their choice bracket/price is. LOL

6. Fry

NFL money doesn't last forever. he can afford them now, what about when he's 40?

hopefully going for 2000+ would get him some kickass endorsements so it won't come directly out of his base salary, but being the 24th overall pick, he's not exactly swimming in it by NFL standards.

plus, with a possible lockout coming in 2011, he could go an entire year without getting paid.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...r-Antoine-Walker-is-broke-and-?urn=nba,198509

7. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

That's funny, I like this kid, he's spunky.

8. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

CJ is homeless!!!

9. Guy on Acoustic

Guy on Acoustic Camp Fodder

Child, please. An average person with a professional degree (law, medical, etc) earns around $4.5 million in their lifetime. CJ will likely have earned more than 10 times that amount by the time he gets finished - and it's not like lawyers and doctors live thrifty lifestyles either. CJ simply has to avoid a Spreewell type collapse with his money and he'll be able to live wealthily for his life.

10. Fry

and buying 5 cars at probably 75,000 a piece isn't pulling a spreewell? what if he tears his acl next season he doesn't have the speed that made him so dangerous?

look, the guy has gold teeth, not a gold grill, GOLD TEETH. it doesn't seem like he's spending his money very wisely, which is entirely up to him and none of our business, but i hope he takes care of his long-term future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar