Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

CJ looks forward to facing 4-3 defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 10, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 9 users.
  1. Titans Insider Titans News

After facing five straight opponents that play a “3-4” defense, the Titans will finally run into a more traditional “4-3” defense this week in Seattle.

That sounds like good news to Titans running back Chris Johnson, who’s averaged just 3.1 yards per carry through five contests against the 3-4 opponents. Johnson has been held to 38 yards on 25 carries the last two weeks.

“It’s difficult because they move around a lot and jump around a lot,” Johnson said of the 3-4 linebackers. “But when you got those four (defensive linemen) with their hands on the ground, it makes it a little easier.”

Playing against a 4-3 defense might also benefit the Titans’ offensive linemen, who practice against a 4-3 defense every day.

“It’s crazy because in the basics of football, you’re usually going against four down linemen,” Johnson said. “But in this new day and age, a lot of defenses are turning to the three down linemen and the stand-up end. So we’ll get back to the basics (against Seattle) and hopefully that will make us get back on our keys and not make as many mental mistakes.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $10,467
    Is it that hard to round up enough practice squad guys to make a 3-4 D just to give them some looks during the week? Better than preparing for a defense that isn't going to be run.
    BiscoPhan11, GoT and nbtoppers2 high five this.
  3. Anthony4Titans Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $1,046
    Grasping at straws.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
    Time to put up.
  4. GOFIGURETITANS Don't Do Stupid Sh't !

Locker
    Moolah:
    $857
    Just the latest fly on the cj1yd dung heap.

I am looking forward to the SI swimsuit edition too. Dont think i am gona score though, or even get to the secondary with a big one. Lol

Ho hum.
  5. Carolina Starter

Moolah:
    $199
    Well, maybe he will go for 200 yards and 4 tds...shut everyone the hell up.
  6. Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Wilson
    Moolah:
    $1,641
    I've been out of town for the past 3 games; how is the O-line performing? Some articles have indicated that Rob Turner and Chance Warmack are struggling. Is it really the RB's fault?
  7. Carolina Starter

Moolah:
    $199
    Turner sucks, Warmack is a beast. It is not really CJs fault that I've seen. Hard to run when you get hit in the backfield, but then when he finally gets a hole he is hesitant.
  8. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,505
    Anyone calling Warmack a beast has been watching his Alabama tape instead of Titans games.
    cdubbs2121, Deuce Wayne, corymiller and 6 others high five this.
  9. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $43,058

Turner is Amano 2.0... he's literally that bad. I never thought it could get as bad as Amano. Well, he's just as bad.

Anytime we're in Shotgun formation, I hold my breath because I am terrified Turner will snap it over our QB's head. It will happen... just wait for it.

Warmack has been a disappointment, but he's just a rookie. He'll get better. Not sure how much better, but at worst he'll be an average guard in the league, and that's not bad. He's likely not worth the #10 pick. And I was on record saying I wanted either Jordan, Ansah, Lotulelei, or Floyd. Just sayin'.
    acqua7 high fives this.