Coaches on the Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Record, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

My wishlist is already taken - I would love to have had Tomlin as our DC, but the Steelers grabbed him as HC. He's taken virtually every defense he's coached from bad to great in a year or 2. I think the Steelers might be in for a good decade. Fish should be on the hotseat, but I think he gets 2 years from Bud unless this coming one is a total disaster... which it shouldn't be. We've got enough talent (VY) to at least play the spoiler and upset any team that doesn't pay attention. That makes for excitement and highlight reels. If 08 ends with no playoffs then we'll see a new coach, probably. I hope not.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I've never forgiven him for screwing the team in his last season. Seeing Ernest Givens being held back from trying to attack Buddy is not a good memory. It's irrational but I just dismiss his offspring as tools just like dad.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Folks, we really need to be careful about slinging around thoughts like this. It's a football TEAM, and one person isn't going to do it all. You all said the same of McNair, but the most he could do for the team was grab a few more gasps of air before drowning.

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

right... one person can't do it all, but Vince was certainly one of the most dynamic players in the league last year. As a team, the Titans have a lot of questions, and are inconsistent. But (as the Colts & Texans can attest to), Vince can be the difference in a game if you don't account for him. To me, that is almost the definition of a spoiler team - inconsistent but can be very talented. I think at best this year, Titans come together and sneak into the playoffs - at worst they struggle at times and play spoiler. Either way, as far as Fisher's status goes, both scenarios likely give him the job through '08.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar