Coaches on the Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Actually very few hall of fame players amount to much as head coaches. He was out of football for 9 years after retiring as a player.

Hard to evaluate him after 2 seasons worth of games but he has some good qualities. Maybe not the best temperment for VY.

Funny people think of Fisher as a guy with old worn out ideas but Singletary is the same age and has the exact same coaching influences. Mike Ditka and Buddy ryan.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Leslie Frazier, Mike Zimmer and Brian Schottenheimer are a coupla coordinators that I follow a little bit that I think might be up & coming HC candidates. I'm surprised it took this long for Jason Garrett to get a shot. If he doesn't stick in Dallas he'll be sought after in a HC role elsewhere I thinks..

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Hard to believe he turned down the Ravens head coaching job. That mother****er!

We would be Super Bowl champs if that chode had taken the Ravens job. I now hate him.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I blame Ed Reed for that..

The contortion was so serious that with the whistles blowing ending the play, Titans guard Leroy Harris had to push Reed away. The after-the-play activity resulted in a personal foul call on Tennessee. No penalty was assessed to the Ravens.

CBS commentator Dan Dierdorf picked up on the Ravens' antics. He said: "I give Leroy Harris credit. They're trying to bend Chris Johnson backwards and break him in half and he goes in there to take the guys off of his ball carrier. That's what an offensive lineman is supposed to do."

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I definitely think Frazier is about to get a crack at HC. I wouldn't be surprised if he just takes the reigns there in Minnesota though.

6. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Believe me we count our blessings that the redhead turned it down and got his $3M deal with Jerry. Harbaugh isn't the end all but if the team makes the playoffs this year it's the first time in history they've done it 3 years in a row and I'll take that.

Leslie Frazier's stock actually may be going down - that defense is not playing well at all. Same personnel - what's wrong?

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's a fair point. But I think the overall vibe behind the scenes there has a lot to do with poor play on all fronts. Those guys HATE Childress according to multiple reports. It's gotta be hard to give your all when you absolutely loathe your boss.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Who's to say.. Frazier has done well at creating takeaway machines etc. I swear The Vikes overall still haven't recovered from the NFL Championship..

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Funny how Leslie Frazier got fired as Marvin Lewis' first DC and became a genius with the Vikings.

Like Singletary and Fisher his primary coaching influences were Ditka and Ryan.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh yeah! A .500 team (as of sunday)... might as well give coach of the year to Kubiak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar