Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Coaching staff getting tired of Justin Hunter?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Jun 7, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Moolah:
    $1,657
    Titans WRs coach Shawn Jefferson is questioning second-round WR Justin Hunter's toughness as he sits out of OTAs with a hamstring injury.
    "Justin needs to get his (butt) going," Jefferson said. "Sometimes we have to fight through things. That’s how I was taught with Bill Parcells. If it ain’t broke, then I’m not hurt. This is a very crucial time. This is where we see the growth in the kid, where he gets used to going through some adversity." Coach Mike Munchak and OC Dowell Loggains were more diplomatic with their comments, but it's unlikely Jefferson would have popped off to such a degree without their permission. Hunter should be motivated for training camp.

Jun 7 - 10:21 AM
  2. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,248
    Probably just trying to make sure he doesn't get complacent. I'm pretty sure the coaches are holding him out... Not himself
  3. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,248
    Gotta make sure he feels pressure.
  4. LANGSTER Starter

Moolah:
    $3,726
    As a rookie, it is very hard on wr's. He needs the reps. I like what I am seeing out of Jefferson...........get them coach get them!
    Riverman, GoT and Ensconatus high five this.
  5. nbtoppers2 Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $227
    really? already? Jefferson sounds like he's trying to be a tough guy coach. most of this coaching staff screams "i don't know wtf i'm doing but i'm going to act like i'm a pro even though i'm clueless". i seriously only have faith in Williams, and only as a DC.
    SlidePiece high fives this.
  6. Alzarius Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $22,996
    Yea I agree. Either Hunter is dogging it, in which case I think they would find a better way to address it to someone just entering the league, hes just talking tough, or hes an idiot and doesnt mind risking aggravating a hamstring before TC even starts.

Just a coach pleasing the fans by being a hard ass imo.
    Alex1939 and nbtoppers2 high five this.
  7. Tennessy XO Part time love is the life 'round here

McNair
    Moolah:
    $5,957
    I dunno, Hunter played under Derrick Dooley for three years so he might be a little soft.
  8. The Hammer I already got half a buzz on

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,199

What is that statement even based on?
  9. nbtoppers2 Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $227

maybe so but still, in OTAs? yeah let's push a guy with a tight hamstring 3 months before it matters...
    Fairweather Fan high fives this.
  10. titan520 Starter

Moolah:
    $2,384
    im tired of hearing bout these pansies
    GoT high fives this.