Coaching staff getting tired of Justin Hunter?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Jun 7, 2013.

1. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Titans WRs coach Shawn Jefferson is questioning second-round WR Justin Hunter's toughness as he sits out of OTAs with a hamstring injury.
    "Justin needs to get his (butt) going," Jefferson said. "Sometimes we have to fight through things. That’s how I was taught with Bill Parcells. If it ain’t broke, then I’m not hurt. This is a very crucial time. This is where we see the growth in the kid, where he gets used to going through some adversity." Coach Mike Munchak and OC Dowell Loggains were more diplomatic with their comments, but it's unlikely Jefferson would have popped off to such a degree without their permission. Hunter should be motivated for training camp.

Jun 7 - 10:21 AM​
  2. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

Probably just trying to make sure he doesn't get complacent. I'm pretty sure the coaches are holding him out... Not himself
  3. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

Gotta make sure he feels pressure.
  4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Starter

As a rookie, it is very hard on wr's. He needs the reps. I like what I am seeing out of Jefferson...........get them coach get them!
    • High Five High Five x 3
  5. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Starter

really? already? Jefferson sounds like he's trying to be a tough guy coach. most of this coaching staff screams "i don't know wtf i'm doing but i'm going to act like i'm a pro even though i'm clueless". i seriously only have faith in Williams, and only as a DC.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. Alzarius

Alzarius Starter

Yea I agree. Either Hunter is dogging it, in which case I think they would find a better way to address it to someone just entering the league, hes just talking tough, or hes an idiot and doesnt mind risking aggravating a hamstring before TC even starts.

Just a coach pleasing the fans by being a hard ass imo.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  7. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

I dunno, Hunter played under Derrick Dooley for three years so he might be a little soft.
    • High Five High Five x 4
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

What is that statement even based on?
  9. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Starter

maybe so but still, in OTAs? yeah let's push a guy with a tight hamstring 3 months before it matters...
  10. 520

520 Starter

im tired of hearing bout these pansies