Cold Weather Superbowl

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, May 24, 2010.

?
  1. Love it

22 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. Hate it

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

It looks like NY will be getting the Superbowl in 2014. Love it, hate it? Remember how cold it gets in Nashville in January-February, just think about how cold it gets in New York!

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

football was meant to be played outdoors in all types of weather not in some friggin dome stadium

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Maybe this will weed out all the CEO's, Politicians, and Entertainers. That way the actual die hard fans can watch their own team play :)

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RTH

RTH Meh...

Wow... this might actually make the Superbowl about the game...

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I neither love it, nor hate it. I'm indifferent. I think the cons may outweigh the pros though... not sure there are any real pros in having a cold weather Super Bowl.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I guess we can say the same thing about the cold frosty AFC Championship games also.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I like it. But it is a gamechanger. Teams will not be at their optimal performance. We are lucky that CJ performs well in cold weather. Otherwise we'd be wishin for Le-whale.

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I'm from the school of thought that the game should be a NEUTRAL site. The fact that you've gotten this far in the playoffs should be rewarded by a warm weather game. On the same token, it gets really old having the superbowl in Florida every year.

This may open Pandora's box. Who's to say we won't see a Superbowl in Pittsburgh, Nashville, or New England. This move sets a new precedent.

Last year, while the Superbowl was going in Florida, they were shoveling a few feet of snow off the field in the meadowlands.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I also like the idea this may open up new ideas for the Super Bowl, but I hate cold weather. I'm close enough to the stadium that I wouldn't have to blow extra money for hotels rooms, so having it in New Jersey is kind of cool for that reason. I'm just curious to what level with this play on the performance of the players. Cold temperatures limits games. Warm ideal conditions are my first choice in the biggest game in sports, but I'm open to see where this goes.

10. Titans Blue

Titans Blue Camp Fodder

I think its a really nice idea but I dont think it will work well. Football was made for all types of weather. Teams play in the cold all the time from nov to dec and january. I just think the weather is too risky. Imagine if a blizzard hits new york the weekend of the superbowl. Travel would be horrific for anyone traveling to the game and I can imagine it wouldnt be too comfortable to be at the game. Ive been to a few cold weather games I dont mind it too bit but I get there an hour before the game and spend the least amount of time in the cold. If its a blizzard and and below zero with the superbowl, people will be outside for quite a bit of time. I can see this really backfiring for the nfl. I can't even imagine what it was like to be at the ice bowl where refs couldnt use whistles as they were freezing to the lips. I dont mind the cold but for the superbowl where people are out for more then a few hours, it might be bad. As for the game... Ive seen one to many sloppy games in the snow where luck takes over instead of talent. I think its too risky but we will see

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar