Collie Hit + Results

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Finnegan2win, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Is that what you call that in Europe? He has all the talent in the world , but insists on acting like someone's trying to murder him out there. Dude come on.

Lionel Messi ftw!

[​IMG]

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Can I have an example of this? I'm not trying to be a douche it's just all of the hits lately on WR's have been brutal, and I don't think they were hamming it up at all. Roy Williams' was bad, Jackson's was brutal he couldn't even walk, Heaps was nasty, etc.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

F Messi. Ugly mofo. Robinho, sucka.

And some of the hits have been bad, just not all. Roy's didn't look that bad. Neither did Heap's- but it's going to become a cheap way of getting flags/fines.

Anyone see the hit Troy P had on T.O. tonight? If the NFL wants an example of how to wreck people correctly- man, that was it. T.O. held on to the ball and popped right back up too... crazy.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Ok, after seeing the Roy Williams hit in real-time, that one does in fact look bad.

The Heap one still looks pretty weak though. When compared to hits seen every day, at least. But I understand a concussion is a concussion and sometimes they're just freak occurrences.

6. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Harrison's hit on Shipley looked to be helmet to helmet.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Don't you? I'm trying to do my part in seeing that we have a good LB core in twenty years. :yes:

8. iQon

iQon Starter

Are people really sitting behind a keyboard, insinuating these guys are soft and/or acting? Are you kidding me? Have you people ever even played the game?

It's a proven fact your body essentially flinches before taking a hit... that you can SEE; natural defense mechanism.

When you don't see a hit coming, that's when you suffer concussions or are knocked unconscious.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Oh yea..the Troy P hit was textbook.

However at the same time..T.O. is a much bigger WR. I have a feeling if that was a smaller WR like a Desean Jackson..type (small in height an body) it just may have ended up an even uglier hit..and maybe a helmet to helmet. Which is what the leaugue just doesnt understand..these are bang bang plays..unfortunately sometimes the helmets connect

10. DJB

DJB Starter

I think the players involved have a lot to do with it. Remember a couple of seasons ago when Haynesworth tackled Jones Drew and got a 15 yarder. If it had been Brandon Jacobs and Haynesworth did the exact same thing no one would have said anything but because Drew is tiny and Haynesworth is huge it looked bad and drew the flag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar