Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Combine 40 times

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by UrbanLegend3, Feb 23, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,856
    I gotta say. There is nothing electronic about these 40 times. I'm sitting at home timing these guys myself with a regular old stopwatch and 90% of the time I'm either dead on or off by like 2 hundreths. I thought these times would be more akin to FAT but if the were I should be like .2 faster. If anything when I miss I'm actually slower.
  2. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,212
    Electronic times take out the human error.

Maybe youre just a good timer, most coaches are, but this is just a more consistent way of clocking guys than to have 2-4 guys with different levels of experience doing it.
  3. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,127
    40 times are the most overrated thing in the scouting process. Who cares if a player can run fast in a track uniform. 40 times are all about perfect form and how fast you can take off from the blocks.... I wanna see how fast you are on the football field & if you understand your position.
    The Hammer high fives this.
  4. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,058
    Also, you want to see how fast they can run when they are tired. Not when they are fresh.
  5. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,127
    Right. Track stars aren't football players. Atleast not all of them.
    The Hammer high fives this.