Completion % Locker vs Luck

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxFischer

MaxFischer Rookie

What, so 3 Heisman trophy winners didn't do well/make it in the NFL, and all of a sudden college success doesn't matter?

You really want to use a few players to prove a broader principle? You have some flawed logic there.

2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Didn't the Titans have Jason White for a minute?

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

How's Javon Ringer been thus far in his NFL career? That guy amassed a ton of yards in college, in the NFL he's trash.

I'm not saying productive players in college wont be successful ones in the NFL, all I'm saying is; being a good NFL player requires size and speed, you can't achieve greatness in this league without some of that, in college you can, so college stats are very deceptive.

Look at Vince Young for instant, he was able to trick an entire fan base by flashing some empty wins in front of them, he was drafted because of 1 game, college success is dangerous sometimes. It's severely overrated.

Another example that I'm onto something here is Bengals DT Geno Atkins vs Lions DT Ndamukong Suh. Both were drafted in 2010, but one of them is now playing at an incredibly high level and playing in playoff games.

NFL players are a product of good measurables and a culmination of the right things falling into place. Atkins has become everything Suh was suppose to be. Just how I believe Jake Locker will become everything winning QB's like Drew Brees, and Andrew Luck are today.

Thats why when people wanna throw Jake's issues at Washington around I can just deflect them and move on. This Titans team has too many holes for anyone to win. No O-Line, no running game, no anything really. Defense was awful, couldn't get a pass rush for weeks sometimes. The only thing that made this season anything worth watching was special teams play.

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I can't believe this is being debated still...

ON TOP of all those valid reasons everyone is saying (I didn't read all 12 pages but some), Lock didn't throw nearly as much as Luck (300 vs 600 attempts)...

Had Jake thrown the ball that much, I truly believe (from what I saw this whole year) his completion percentage would fall in a sub-sub-pedestrian (30-45%) range.... And if extremely 'Lucky' he'd break 50%....

Note: I didn't read the 12 pages, so i'm really guessing someone made this point already.

Someone did say that Luck will get better each and every year, and I truly believe that as well - while we sit here and hope that Jake materializes into something. Its also EXTREMELY scary to see how much cap space Indy has (what like double what we have?) to get some serous talent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar