Cook, Marks, Reynaud hit the market

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Mar 9, 2013.

1. steverife

steverife Starter

...because we effectively have zero guards.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

Exactly. There is room for both a developmental guy and Lutui as backups.
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Unless something changes in the near future, the Titans rotate their DTs. Marks was #2 in tackles on the DL last season.

You either have to replace him with a rookie or free agent. Martin might be starting material but, because Klug isn't strong against the run, you don't have anyone else in the rotation.

I think the Titans will draft, at least, one DT and I hope they bring in another via free agency. But, if Marks can be kept for a reasonable deal, I think it's a reasonable option. He just turned 26 and has upside.
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

They will be able to get Lutui well after free agency and the draft because I doubt anyone will sign him before. If depth is needed, he'll be around.
  5. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

We USED to rotate alot. Last year marks and Casey played at least 80% of the snaps together. Klug saw a reduced amount if snaps because of it. Martins limited snaps when extrapolated look solid.

But I do imagine we will go back to rotating and yea we will draft one for sure
  6. The Hammer

It should play in our favor that Marks is ill-suited to the 3-4 defense which is all the rage in the NFL these days. Meaning the number of teams after him should be few. However, it does not mean some foolish 3-4 team will not try to make him a DE in a 3-4. Much like what happened with Robaire Smith and Warren Sapp. Both were a disaster as a 3-4 DE.

After all the effort put into developing marks I do not want to see him leave and be great elsewhere. Like what happened with Randy Starks.
  7. The Hammer

And we can get him without guaranteed money. So if we do have to cut him the all good.
  8. onetontitan

onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

Question Marks will go somewhere else and will be out of the league in 2-3 years just like all of the other DL we had that wanted to test the market.

Hayes, Haynesworth, Jones, Brown, Odom, Babin, etc...
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

Yet we should sign cook for the 9 million a year he wants.

lol
  10. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Bye, Bye, and thanks for Music City Miracle Take2