Credit Chuck Cecil

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Vigsted, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

MJD bowls over, through, around a bunch of people routinely. Hey he rolled KB and KVB as well.....

2. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

i hope chuck cecil will start blitzing more, we were pretty successful blitzing, now we just have to stop giving up the big homerun plays

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Maurice Jones-Drew is too strong in the legs to take down with one guy, Cecil knows that. He described MJD as a bowling ball with razors. Next time we face this little pocket back we need to come hard. He isn't so quick that he'll juke around defenders as C.J. does. Just thump him! I wonder if his name wasn't hyphenated would he be as good? Think about it: "Maurice Jones for 10 and a TD", or "Maurice Drew with the play saving block". Not the same is it.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Unless your name is Albert Haynesworth, who can pick MJD up like medium sized dog, and suplex him.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Fuller definitely needed to go low, not try and hug MJD.

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

ORRRR, if he wanted to get a little shady, he could have grabbed MJD's facemask and tried to sprain his neck/spin his head around (in hopes of putting him on the sideline for the rest of the game) and take him to the ground. Granted it would cost 15 yards and a 1st down, but if it took MJD out of the game...

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

A huge step forward for Cecil.

We still can't get it done with the front 4 so gambling to get pressure is a double edged sword. It's great when it works but it will leave us open to big plays on occasion.

KVB still struggled though.I'd like to see Ford take more snapsin his place. Griffin was better but still looked out of sorts in coverage. He really seemed to be fired up though which was good to see. Shame we didn't get a turnover when he stripped the ball out of the TE's hands.

8. iQon

iQon Starter

I saw improvement from a play call vantage, but I also saw our offense on the field for maybe 40 minutes of the game. I honestly think that was the difference. How many times this year have we seen the D take the momentum from our opponent, only for the O to go 3 and out, or maybe manage one or two first downs and end up punting? More than I care to remember.

Chuck needs to get these guys to tackle better. This was a problem under Schwartz, but for whatever reason it's yet to be addressed. There is no reason for the Jags to have had points on the board yesterday. MJD only ran 8 times. smh

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Ravens Playoff stuff. We'll save that for Ray Rice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar