Cut Scaife for Moss' roster spot

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HeadOnASwivel, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Well at least that's what I would do. I'd be more than happy with Stevens and finally giving Cook some real playing time. Scaife is just the most overpaid player I've seen on this team since David Givens.

• High Five High Five x 6
  2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Scaife is awful this year I wouldn't mind him being moved down the depth chart but we know that won't happen unless theres an injury..so lets hope for a minor injury. :yes:

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Lol get real, we franchise tagged this guy, he isn't going anywhere.

4. Dendore

Dendore Camp Fodder

Heresy! Scaife has made some huge plays over the years. He already has 2 TDs this year and he was out for a few weeks with injury. And he is keeping up in receptions with the rest of our team. I might be somewhat biased because he's a Longhorn, but him and VY have chemistry, so I wouldn't bench/cut him for anyone short of maybe Antonio Gates and a debatable other few.

I will add that I have been impressed by the play of the other TEs and they are an asset. They fit in well with out philosophy of keeping fresh bodies out there so I like em. Just don't think Scaife will be replaced as starter anytime soon.

5. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

We already placed Winborn on IR to make room for Randy and Scaife will be gone after this season anyway.

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I think he was franchised simply due to the fact that the coaching staff was unsure what they had in Stevens and Cook. Seeing how the two of them are improving leaps and bounds, especially, Stevens. They went with Scaife to cover their bases, but now it's clear that he is the least talented TE on the roster... and perhaps the most overpaid player on the roster.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

That's why Scaife still gets the most playing time? As long as we still have VY here, I'd guess that Scaife will be here, and be getting the majority of playing time.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

There's no need to cut him during the season.

He won't be with us next year unless he has a monster second half to the season.

Even then, he could be gone with too high of an asking price.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Funny thing is- Moss is just the WR version of Jared Cook... a guy we refuse to play.

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

You can see into the future? Who's gonna win the superbowl this year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar