Cutler Tweets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanite

Titanite Pulling for VY...Sue me.

It's just like hunting.

Some people just like killing things.

That's just the way the world is.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh please don't make this thread about Mike Vick and his poor decisions... I'm enjoying bashing Cutler. I'm pretty sure our last Mike Vick thread was too controversial for this board, I hope this doesn't turn into that thread.

3. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

Don't worry about it, Cruds has stopped providing any reasonable argument and is just trolling by attacking the poster instead of the post.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Understand what you are trying to say here, but, I can honestly say that, when VY has been hurt, I have never questioned that he was actually hurt. Replay usually cleans up any debates on this, including when he was hurt against the Redskins.

That said, if he runs off of the field after an interception or something, then does not want to come back on the field (ie Jaguars 2008), that I would question nowadays (although, as a VY supporter back then, I sort of overlooked that, before he really did get hurt in the next series).

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i wanna hunt down and kill all those wild pigs across America.

Pig Bomb!

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't think he made it about himself at all. He sat on the sideline and let people do there job. He has the same look whether he throws four picks or four TD's. He stood up, he high fived some people, and he looked genuinely happy when the Bears made good plays. That is as much of a cheerleader as you are going to get with Jay Cutler.

Some people criticized him because he looked like he didn't care. Others criticized him because he cared enough to cry. Some people criticized him because he was standing when he was injured and he didn't pretend with crutches or ice. You are criticizing him because he wasn't more of a cheerleader.

Basically, it is a no win situation --- which is probably a large part of the reason that Cutler is so short with the media.

7. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

:rolleyes:

How about the insubordination of not keeping things in house? Guess who took the high road when it came to dealing with the media? Here is a hint: The one not taking pot shots with manhood comments. How about the insubordination of the head coach flaunting our arch-rival's jersey and saying he just wanted to feel like a winner? You want cussing? Ever hear Washburn during practice? Thats football. This politically correct crap is stupid. How in the hell can you be a leader when you are constantly being benched? That was the ultimate slap to the face to just yank him and don't tell me he quit on the team because we have yet to hear anything bad from his (ex)teammates about him except "anonymous" sources and they seem to gravitate towards him.
    :rolleyes:

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

This may awe and AMAZE you... but my avatar is Jeff Fisher in a colts jersey and directly beneath it it says "Feel like a winner"

I agree, Fisher's comments post Washington game have been childish, petty, and often contradictory. But what's new? It's been like that for years now. I've posted about it often.

Let's stop and think about this.

1) Was he injured or not? If he was, then he was not YANKED.

2) Fisher didn't leak anything about the post Washington game tirade. Media was present.

Is it ever appropriate, in the middle of the season in front of teammates and media after a football game, to cuss out then walk out on the Head Coach and state in front of all present media and teammates that you are quitting on the Head Coach?

No, it's not. If Vince was capable of playing the rest of the season, he should have went in early monday morning and met privately with Fisher and air it out in private. If that failed to achieve the results, then Vince should have approached Bud Adams after the season with an ultimatum to replace the HC or trade VY.

Under no circumstance should VY get a pass on his immature actions that caused a tanking of the 2010 season.

9. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

So he didn't get yanked from the steelers game? In front of the world?

Kerry Collins played injured with damage to his fingers......face it, as much as you want to make it that Vince isn't a leadership because he did a, b, c its how his teammates react to him and reports from IDENTIFIED people are favoring vince. Chris Johnson even said that him going to a new team was a better CAREER move and he LOVED playing with him. I think I would pay attention to the words of now the most important part of our team. He was the leader of that team whether you, Fisher, or anyone else likes that or not. Notice that C he had......CAPTAIN! Doesn't the team vote on that? Teams don't vote quitters for captain.

Ultimatum? I remember him saying on national television PLAY ME OR TRADE ME.

If his absence is the reason our team decided to tank, then that is all I need to know about his influence on this team.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That's true, and he shouldn't have been. He should have been forced to finish the game no matter how bad he was playing and how beat up he was getting.

I'm sure Fisher didn't think he could handle it, but those are the growing pains a QB should be forced to face.

Explain to me how cussing out a coach after a demoralizing loss is a sign of "leadership".

While you are at it, explain how that improves team morale and locker room chemistry.

If cussing out a coach after a loss and storming away from the team is a sign of leadership or strong influence, that's all I need to know about your opinions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar