Dan Koppen released by Patriots.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by J Falk, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm not sure Munch is going to come out and say our Centers suck if he actually thinks it.

2. BCTitans

BCTitans Starter

Exactly - I'm not real sure about what people want Munch to say. Munch is around this team more than anyone...I'm sure he realizes where our weaknesses are at this point.

I'm right there with the rest of our fan base who was hoping that we would go after Koppen, but it appears that the staff has probably taken a look at him and decided that he isn't any better than what we have already on our roster at this point in his career. It sucks, but it is what it is...

3. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

the fans and the coaches are pretty content on the current roster.

we have the play makers we need to win. just gotta use them right.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

So Munchak thinks Velasco is better than Koppen.

Velasco must be really good then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

5. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

That's crazy. We have to draft Oline next year......right?!

6. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

we damn well better. a guard and center

7. BCTitans

BCTitans Starter

I don't think anyone is under the impression that Velasco is really good, or the answer to our problems in the interior of our line. Matter of fact, I think everyone's saying the opposite.

The Patriots (one of the better organizations over the last decade at evaluating talent) thought so much of Koppen at this point in his career that they cut him. Remember this is a guy that's getting ready to turn 33 and missed just about all of last season.

I don't think Koppen is quite the slam dunk pick up now-a-days that everyone, including myself hoped he was or that he once was.

8. BCTitans

BCTitans Starter

That's definitely one area where the Titans struck out this offseason, and is certainly a glaring weakness. I'd even argue that Right Guard might even be more of a concern, although it's no secret that both of these spots must be upgraded.

I know it's early and there are plenty of other prospects out there as well, but I wouldn't mind us picking up Barrett Jones from Alabama. Kid's from Memphis, and has been an All-American Guard, Tackle, and appears to be on the way to adding Center to that list as well. He could come in and play either Guard or Center...although I think he's a better Center.

9. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Well then your not sure of much because this is a no-brainer. A center who helped keep Brady upright for years vs a unproven backup ... ummmm ? Koppen isn't a superstar but cmon lets get serious - our centers suck.​

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Perhaps he had a big contract and they didn't think he was worth that money (anyone know if thats true?)

I mean i don't get how we were interested in him when he was a 'hotter' commodity and now nothing. I'd sign him just to give us the inside edge for week 1 lol.

Also, from what I remember, Valz was a better G then C when he played spot duty. I actually can't remember him at C tbh, but i remember a couple times or more when i saw him in at G, made a point to watch him, he looked really good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar