Dare to Dream...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Gut, Jan 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Let's see...dare to dream...

In Free Agency we sign CB Josh Norman, FS Eric Berry, RT Andre Smith, OC Alex Mack, ILB Derrick Johnson.

In the draft we trade down with Dallas and get back bang for our buck (#4 overall, there 2nd and 3rd round picks plus a 1st in 2017.

At #4 in round 1 we take DB Jalen Ramsey.
    With our pick in round 2, I take RB Ezekiel Elliot.
    With Dallas' pick in round 2 I trade back to mid of round 2 and give up a 4th to get another 3rd.
    With my mid 2nd, I take OG Cody Whitehair or Vadal Alexander depending on our coach.
    At the top of the 3rd, I take SS Jayron Kearse.
    I trade Dallas' 2nd round pick in 2017 for a 3rd in 2016. With that pick I take WR/QB Braxton Miller.
    With my mid 3rd round pick I take ILB Scooby Wright.
    We have no 4th round pick.
    In round 5, I grab OLB Devonte Fields.
    In Round 6 I grab ILB Antonio Morrison.
    In Round 7 I grab RB/WR Byron Marshall.

My new Titans look like this...

Offense
    QB - Mariota, Mett
    RB - Elliot, Cobb, Andrews, Sankey, McCluster, Marshall
    FB - Fowler
    WR - DGB, Wright, Miller, Douglas, Hunter, Turzilli, McBride
    TE - Walker, Fasano, Stevens, Supernaw
    LT - Lewan, Bell, Meridith
    LG - Poutasi/Whitehair
    OC - Alex Mack, Schwenke, Gallik
    RG - Warmack, Bell, poutasi or Whitehair
    RT - Alex Smith, Bell, Poutasi

Upgraded RB, WR, OC, RT, OG

Defense
    DE - Casey, Klug
    NT - Woods, SLH
    DE - Jones, Blackson
    LOLB - Morgan, Bass, Fields
    LILB - Williamson, Wright, Morrison
    RILB - Johnson, Wright, Morrison
    ROLB - Orakpo, Fields, Tavai
    LCB - Norman, McCourty, Sensabaugh, BWW
    RCB - Ramsey, McCourty, Sensabaugh, Webb
    NCB - Ramsey, McCourty, Sensabaugh, Kearse
    FS - Berry, Kearse, Searcy
    SS - Searcy, Kearse, Stafford

Upgraded ILB, LCB, RCB, Nickel, FS, depth at OLB, ILB, S

I'm ready for my GM interview now...

#1 Gut, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 2
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I like it, you keep McCluster over Cobb at RB? Cobb was a 5th rounder, then you take Marshall in 7?

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We are going to have to have a better WR group than yet. That is borderline no improvement from last year.

4. Meow

Meow Starter

Marshall is a larger version of DeAnthony Thomas...he's not really a RB and more of a receiver but could play either adequately. He's like a middle infield utility player in baseball. In round 7 I' would imagine there are worse picks we could make.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Thanks for catching that. I wasn't gonna list the whole roster but Cobb was definitely supposed to be listed. It was 4am...I must have accidentally erased him by accident.

Definitely would need to trim the RB group but coming off of free agency and the draft, that's a pretty good group.

Marshall is there as an alternative for McCluster and gives out OC...if a Kelly or McDaniels more options with quick small hard to track wr/RB types. Think Amendola and Shane Vereen in the passing game.

Clearly we would not keep Sankey, Cobb, and Andrews if we got Elliot. This would be tweaked depending on who our HC, OC and DC are. So this was a simple exercise to see how much of a change we could make.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think we get an extra 6th for Levitre.

A good GM wouldn't forget that. ;)

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Why? We have invested a 1 (Wright), and 2 seconds (DGB and Hunter), plus a solid vet in Douglas. Adding Braxton Miller with DGB's improvement gives us a nice receiving threat, and that's ignoring Hunters potential. We would also have McCluster and Marshall out of the backfield or in the slot. Frankly, that's a lot more talented group than what the Pats have. Adding in a better run game and the passing game also improves synergistically!

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Was thinking of a late round player Chip or McDaniels could use well. Marshall already knows Chips offense and reminds me of a Shane Vereen type. He could be a slot wr and a change of pace back. Of course, if we had a different coach aka Hue Jackson, we'd grab someone else unless they were looking for a cheaper version of McCluster.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

This is why I run it by you guys first. The Titans org would never have caught that!!!

This was a way for me to see how big of a change we could somewhat realistically make. Now I get another 6th round pick? Excellent!

Actually, I think I figured that into the trade for the extra third round pick but didn't write it in. It was like 4am

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd like a returner, puhleez.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar