Darwin Walker?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nine

Nine Starter

Not that I think there's a chance in hell that it could actually happen, but acquiring Walker and Brown would fix much of what's wrong with the defense....and realistically, all it would cost was a couple of mid- to late-round picks.

Of course, both guys are looking for fat new contracts, too... probably a bigger consideration than the actual picks. The question is, are Brown and/or Walker worth the kind of money they're looking for?

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

[​IMG]

Oh Really?

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah. I said that. There's a huge difference between overpaying GOOD players and overpaying players that make no impact. I'd rather overpay many players and make a few runs at a superbowl than sign a bunch of nobodies that aren't worth their contracts just to go 8-8 every year or worse.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

well put
    and I agree

there were adequate offers made for several players and several failures were the players / agents / demands faults rather than Mike's. some took less money to play for a better team and some took more money to retire

Stallworth and Turner could have cost us a significant amount of cheese
    and were fairly high risks considering one was injury prone and the other had never been in a starting role

consider this offseason a blessing in disguise

btw, it is possible that both these players could be FA in '08

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

You, sir, are then Dan Snyder.

Oh yeah, it's much better to overpay many players and watch it all backfire and get records like, say, 6-10...like the Washington Redskins. Or some other team like that.

Owned. And owned. Just kidding.:))

But seriously, (owned).:ha: Pie in the face. Walked right into it.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:spit:

see: Schwartzification

7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Walker was just traded to the Bears for a fifth rounder. A FIFTH ROUNDER!

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and a new deal, more expensive deal.

9. They were about to get a 6th rounder from Philly in a week, so they did OK with a 5th...

10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Yeah I understand that. I would have prefered US giving them the 5th rounder though. Walker would have been a very good addition to our D line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar