Database Error/Server is too busy at the moment

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TBC_titan, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Come on Jeff!

This is a great site and you are great mod, but constantly encountering these errors today is UNACCEPTABLE.
    You knew that this was going to happen. Why didn't you get with your ISP and ensure you had enough bandwidth this weekend??? :irked:

I know I'm not the only one ready to pull my freakin hair out in frustration of seeing these errors for 10-15 minutes at a time.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's not about bandwidth but the ability of our server to handle 2,500 visitors at one time that happens only two days a year. To be able to handle that kind of traffic, I would need to upgrade our dedicated server which would double our monthly fees. Our current server works fine 363 days a year.

If you find it unacceptable, take it somewhere else unless you are willing to dish over a big chunk of the $200 or so a month it would take.

• High Five High Five x 10
  3. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Are you kidding me?

"Unacceptable"?

Do you know that Jeff pays out of his pocket to run this website and forum?

The people that know me know that this is a little out of character for me to say, but you need to get lost and find another forum if you're that frustrated. Do not come on here and tell Jeff that you getting data base errors is unacceptable.

Titanium

• High Five High Five x 10
  4. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

>::)rant::wall::hot:

Mini rant...

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

TBC_titan

I received your pm and I responded to you in a pm. With that being said, you made a post on the forum (not through using a pm) so myself and anyone else is free to respond to your post on the forum. If you would rather not discuss this publicly, then you never should have posted it, rather kept it in the pm section.

Feel free to get lost

Titanium

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Gotta love it when people gripe about thngs that are provided for FREE [please read that several times doofus].

Don't like it...go build your own or put up the money out of your own dang pocket like Jeff does.

You are owed nothing here other than a place to come discuss the Titans and hang out on the best Titans board on the net. If it is below your acceptable level of service then I guess you can go hang out somewhere else. You have quite the pair to come in here and be as critical to Jeff as you were.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

"Unacceptable" should not be used in conjunction with something that you get for absolutely nothing. Go complain somewhere else.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I'm sure TBC said it out of frustration and nothing else. Choice of words was not cool though.

TBC.. you should realize that this only happens when the traffic goes up 500% than normal, and it makes sense that its not worth upgrading the server for only 2-3 days of high pressure per year.

This rarely happens, and I only recall it happening 3-4 times in my 2 1/2 years as a member, but when it does I normally just stop trying to enter the site and putting pressure on the forum, and just check back several hours later.

Thanks Jeff for the good work :thumb:

9. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

i find it funny that someone that doesn't even donate a lousy $2 per month is complaining about a free site. and like TJ said, it only happens 2 days out of the year. i think we can deal with that

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The only thing unacceptable is this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar