Dave Ball considering retirement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Bipolar, have you been to a Falcons game?

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Yeah, I've been down there for preseason action. Once I saw the Titans play the Falcons in preseason and another time I saw McNair's Ravens in preseason. Apart from that, I've only attended one other event at the Georgia Dome and that was the 2002 NCAA Final Four. I'm thinking of bouncing down there. By that I mean that I'm going. There is a good chance (nearly absolute) that I would take MARTA to the stadium. I would probably have a backpack full of beer and just get obliterated. I really don't want to shoot liquor. Thing is I would have to be sober enough by the time I got to five points to change trains because you have to get on the west line to get to the stadium. W2 is a better place to exit. W1 is literally a climb out of the ground and I'm not up to that after slamming a 6 pack or whatever. Screw tailgating in that place. Atlanta Falcon fans are not warm or welcoming. They are not even very friendly when greeted warmly. I don't know what is wrong with those people. Maybe it's the lack of running water in that $#!thole. I don't know. It makes no sense to me to even have a dome in that town. It's not that hot there. It's a temperate climate. It's really not that cold. It's a stupid crap hole of a dome. Atlanta sucks.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You never really know how much you'll miss a ball sack until it's not there anymore.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. lilkhmerkid4u

So your advice is to take the Bus to the stadium? What time should I get to the Georgia Dome?

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Oh hell no. The train. Marta train. I could never figure out a Marta bus schedule nor would I try. I've driven to the dome and paid to park before, all that. It's a pain in the arse and everyone makes you out like a mark, like you're an idiot who's never been to a city before. Honestly, going to Atlanta makes me wish I could disguise myself as a person of color so I would be left the hell alone. Atlanta is a horrible place. They should have left it a pile of rubble and abandoned it for the Earth to reclaim after the Civil War.

If I were you I would be at the stadium by at least 3:30. I personally don't care for $7 stadium beers so I try to carve out drinking time so I would try to get there about 2:30. I kind of like to start out a game buzzed pretty good, so four or five hours later sobriety isn't much of a concern.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Last time i went to atlanta... i was on peachtree and after a hooker tried to solicit me.. i pulled up the next red light.. and a cracked out dude jumps on the hood of my car.. with a paper plate that says $.25 and he says "Come on man Come on man lemme wash ur windows for a Quarter come on man come on man"

I ran the red light got back on the interstate and GTFO of there

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

That's the ATL. :yes:

That's exactly what it's like there.

8. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Sounds about right. When I was at fort benning, you were advised not to wear your acu's out in the city, because people had taken to robbing/attacking soldiers.

Within a 5 minute span of entering downtown atlanta, I had 3 guys try to sell me x, weed, crack and some other pills. One of the guys even asked for 10$ so he could compete in a freestyle rap battle someone was supposedly having.

9. lilkhmerkid4u

Thanks! I'll be sitting directly behind the Titans bench and I'm bringing a blown up version of my avatar :)

10. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

HAHA I must have been a few cars behind you I had that exact same thing happen and on Peachtree also. I take a mini vacation to Atlanta after Christmas through new years every year and have had a lot of experiences with their street people. Usually if they are that burned out on the crack they aren't that dangerous, I have found that it's the ones who are more coherent who are the most dangerous for downtown ATL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar