Daymeion Hughes

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/nflcombineprofile.php?pyid=15178

Says his stock dropped the most of any player at the combine. I always thought this guy would make a good corner in the NFL. Think it would be great if he falls and the Titans could get him in the 2nd round. Would be great if that happened and the Titans took a WR or DL in the 1st.

I like how he dogs on D.Jarrett in the article. I'm a Tedd Ginn or Dwayne Bowe guy if Titans draft WR. I'm not down on Jarrett though, he is more than acceptable, but not my preference.

Anyone else have an opinion on D.Hughes?

2. i dont think that i have ever heard of the guy

3. Coach_Largent

Coach_Largent Camp Fodder

He's not a good fit for the Titans style of D. Strictly a cover2 guy -- he's going to need safety help and he's going to need to play facing the ball. I think he's a smart player, and is a good tackler, but he is limited athletically and is not comfortable in man, esp. man-press.

I like him a lot, but not for the Titans.

With the Titans style of D - Aaron Ross, Eric Wright, and for a later pick CJ Wilson all make A LOT more sense.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Interesting analysis. For what its worth, I'd be very happy if the Titans drafted Aaron Ross. But I think Ross is likely a first rounder. Hughes now seems a possibility in the 2nd.

And well, I think Schwartz is gone, regardless of Fisher's status, after the 2007 season. I'm hoping for defensive scheme changes in the future. So far, just wishful thinking, unfortunately. :pigfly:

5. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Hughes doesn't have that good of explosion, burst, or great speed. I remember in the combine during his vertical jumps he barely touched the first flipper on the rack and Deion Sanders said, "What! Are you kiddin me!" I laughed, and Mayock and Sanders went on the to talk about how he isn't that athletic, but he is very smart and has good ball skills, and he wouldn't not survive in a lot of NFL systems, but could be okay in a cover 2, but not a star...

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'm tired of other teams finding the diamonds in the rough in the late rounds of the draft. Why can't we make the right pick in the late rounds and find the sleeper. We need better scouting.

This year would be the prime year for us to pick up someone in the late rounds that surprises everyone. Like at CB for example.

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Hey, Reynaldo Hill was a late round find... Not a good one, but we found him waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down there mister... :moon2:

8. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

The Chosen One was great his rookie year. He led the team in INTs. A lot of players have an "off" sophomore year.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

That is true. If Pac-man does get suspended and we are forced with Harper and Hill, I'll feel nervous when we play but think Hill can sort of "hold down the fort" till he returns.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah we need Harper he's a proven cb that would be awsome with pac if everything works out. But even if we get Harper I wouldn't mind drafting Revis at all. If Pac messes up....again we have some insurance with a guy with loads of potential and a good return man. If we don't take him hopefully we go WR like Meachem or Bowe because I don't see a DE other than Charles Johnson but even then most would be too much of a reach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar