DC's Predictions for 2007-08 Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overalls

Overalls Starter

I got your back DC. The Titans are going to the Super Bowl and even thought the Texans have made many more improvements than the Titans, they are going to win fewer games than they did last year.

Darn Skippy.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Whoah, Overalls has a brief moment of clarity?

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

quoting shakespear?

Juliet i c???

u reading that in class? cuz i am...

4. BigSteve09

BigSteve09 Camp Fodder

just watch

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

...your not making any point..

6. Bennett83

Bennett83 Guest

At least we could quote it accurately. Out should be art----> Where for out thou? What does that mean?

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Don't ask him, he hasn't taken the test yet.

8. BigSteve09

BigSteve09 Camp Fodder

lol. My point is that the Panthers are not a 7-9 team. True, they did have an underachieving season last year, but teams turn around after seasons like that.

They've still got a d-line, and Peppers is still a force. Plus the de on the other side, Rucker, was injured or not 100% for a large part of last season, and this year he'll come in playing strong.

They did a good job bringing in a strong LB in Beason who will prove himself in the offseason.
    Their secondary is still sick, led by Minter, Lucas, and Gamble. And even though they didn't fill Minter's absence for the 08-09 season with a safety, they still have a full year to cover for that. Those three names are three ballhawks with big play potential. They also brought in Wilson, who fell very far in the draft, but not rightfully so. He'll fit right in, and might even start at one of the safety positions should the D decide to change things up.

Delhomme is still a great qb. A lot of people said he fell off, but he is still a great QB with good skills. Not to mention they have Carr behind him, who is an amazing QB who never had a line at Houston.

Their running game, which was their downfall last year, will come into play this year. They've been improving the O line a lot this year, and brought in a new tackle who can get things done. Plus Williams will have a coming out season this year. Foster will still be good too. I think that the running game that they tried to put into place last year with switching the two off will actually work this year and open up the passing game.

Which brings me to their receivers. Just because they cut Keyshawn doesn't mean that they're in trouble. A great team doesn't need multiple star receivers, just multiple good ones (something a lot of y'all on here should realize). With the O Line giving the QB more time, they will be a big factor this year. Jarrett will have to do a lot of growing up quickly, but he will fill his spot and be a good player. A lot of people don't give Colbert a chance, but he will be a good go-to-guy this season. And Steve Smith is an all-star who can bust the big play at anytime from anywhere on the field. They also brought in Ryne Robinson who will be a good return man and a great receiver himself.

19 of 22 starters returning says enough, but the fact that they're adding good players onto positions where they need help is improving the team as a whole. The only reason they did poor last year is because they got big heads before the season even started and stopped playing as a team in the early season. Injuries also effected the team greatly. This year, they are a team hungry to prove themselves after a lot of people have brushed them off as a garbage team. They are tired of being underachievers and back to back wins could turn into a streak of wins quickly. You can't seriously put this team in a losing category. The only team I think that could have a chance at outshining them in the NFC south would be NO because they still have a great roster and brought in Meachem.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm on board with pacnasty's picks with following changes:

AFC South

Colts 11-5
    Jags 9-7
    Titans 8-8
    Texans 5-11

AFC West

Chargers 12-4
    Broncos 10-6
    Chiefs 8-8
    Raiders 3-13

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar